Re: Adaptive ATR

ok here is an updated version of the modified Adaptive ATR from MrTools. The modified version does not "drop" the value of the ATR at the opening of the bar like the original does
and they both are very similar also as a new feature this version does not trigger high volatility values when there is a gap in the prices. Gaps are a not a sign of high volatility, so it's best to not modify the ATR during those times

cheers

Jeff

Re: Adaptive ATR

ionone wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:11 pm ok here is an updated version of the modified Adaptive ATR from MrTools. The modified version does not "drop" the value of the ATR at the opening of the bar like the original does
and they both are very similar
screenshot.06-09-2020 09.19.59.jpg

also as a new feature this version does not trigger high volatility values when there is a gap in the prices. Gaps are a not a sign of high volatility, so it's best to not modify the ATR during those times

cheers

Jeff
The adaptive atr wasn't done by me, have used it a lot and like it a lot, but not done by me.

Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

sl1ckv1c wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:34 am Is it possible to turn this into a histogram using the change of slope?
Try it out.

PS: Full Histogram Bars version (color change is on Slope) available here: Full Histogram Version of CFB Adaptive DMX for MT4.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
Jimmy, Deez, Jedidiah, Chickenspicy

Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:13 am

Try it out.

PS: Full Histogram Bars version (color change is on Slope) available here: Full Histogram Version of CFB Adaptive DMX for MT4.
Hello mrtools,
RE: cfb adaptive dmx histo alerts arrows.mq4
This is a great indicator, thanks for posting it and the older iterations. When I run the indicator in the strategy tester it will give different data when DmxSmoothDouble is changed from default TRUE to False (compared to the data in the Data Window). If I keep it on TRUE both data sets are the same (in strategy tester and Data Window). Any idea why that is? I tried using data/MT4 from 2 different brokers. I used with 5min, calculate at candle open only. Also tried on all older versions and had same data discrepancy.