Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Hello from a new newbie :-)

Hello everyone from British Columbia, Canada.

I have been looking through the forum and see a lot of talent for indicators, EAs, etc. And a lot of knowledge. I'm looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing something, too.

A little background:

My initial interest in trading was several years ago. It started with Commodity Futures but leaned toward the financials. However, I didn't have the money required to open an account so I looked at related fields.

Binary Options looked good but at the time there were too many scammers so I passed.

My interest in the financials led me to Forex but I "got in with the wrong crowd" lol. Having very little money at the time and not really knowing what I was doing, I followed some bad advice from several people who touted Forex as a get rich quick solution and I ended up very frustrated and disappointed. Not to mention having my charts so cluttered with indicators that I couldn't see what was really happening. I concluded Forex wasn't for me but I still had the interest.

Now I've come full circle. This time I did more research and I think I have a better handle on things. I have been reading, watching videos, and have set up a demo account to test things before risking any real money. I'm still learning, of course, but I feel better about the whole thing this time around.

I'm not looking to get rich overnight (although if you have a system... lol) but I am looking to replace my job income and eventually my wife's as well. I am currently on medical leave and have been diagnosed with a deteriorating back condition due to a car accident many years ago. So it looks like I can't return to my job and re-training isn't likely to be an option for various reasons.

That's about it. Just wanted to share where I am and why.

Terry
These users thanked the author In2Blues for the post (total 4):
tvhh94, ChuChu Rocket, joy.x.d, Tabary
Terry

Re: Hello from a new newbie :-)

In2Blues wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:45 pm Hello everyone from British Columbia, Canada.

I have been looking through the forum and see a lot of talent for indicators, EAs, etc. And a lot of knowledge. I'm looking forward to learning and hopefully contributing something, too.

A little background:

My initial interest in trading was several years ago. It started with Commodity Futures but leaned toward the financials. However, I didn't have the money required to open an account so I looked at related fields.

Binary Options looked good but at the time there were too many scammers so I passed.

My interest in the financials led me to Forex but I "got in with the wrong crowd" lol. Having very little money at the time and not really knowing what I was doing, I followed some bad advice from several people who touted Forex as a get rich quick solution and I ended up very frustrated and disappointed. Not to mention having my charts so cluttered with indicators that I couldn't see what was really happening. I concluded Forex wasn't for me but I still had the interest.

Now I've come full circle. This time I did more research and I think I have a better handle on things. I have been reading, watching videos, and have set up a demo account to test things before risking any real money. I'm still learning, of course, but I feel better about the whole thing this time around.

I'm not looking to get rich overnight (although if you have a system... lol) but I am looking to replace my job income and eventually my wife's as well. I am currently on medical leave and have been diagnosed with a deteriorating back condition due to a car accident many years ago. So it looks like I can't return to my job and re-training isn't likely to be an option for various reasons.

That's about it. Just wanted to share where I am and why.

Terry
Welcome,

btw why do you want to replace your wife?
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

Re: Hello from a new newbie :-)

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:21 pm Hello Terry, welcome to the Forex-station family. Yes, it's a long journey to become profitable in trading but once you get there it becomes second nature and you can finally work for yourself.

Very cool avatar by the way :clap:
Yes I'm looking forward to that time. Should have done it years ago.

Thank you re: my avatar.
Terry