Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

-L- wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:37 am

Hi mrtools,

I make a picture to try to explain better.

In the picture below, the CCI arrows that have the green check are the ones in which the Gann HiLo also shows the same signal as the arrow and should be the correct signals send by the indicator, if it's a buy arrow, then price above Gann, or if it's a sell arrow, then price below Gann, and the arrows with the red "X" are the ones in which the signal given by the CCI it's contradictory with the Gann indicator so those are the ones that should not appear in the chart.

I have seen that the OB/OS arrows are good in ranged markets but there it's just a lot of fake weak signals, so the addition of the gann it's to reduce most of those since even setting the cci arrows to major periods there is still lots of those weak signals that should just be ignored.

Hope that it's an useful explanation.

Edit: I'll leave the Gann indicator used in the screenshot attached below in case it's needed
dear mr tools i have downloaded it but i dont get the arrows, pls help, i only get the ssl line

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:28 am

Not sure what I did after posting the original but anyway this version seems to be working correctly for me, watched it awhile on a 1 minute chart it seems ok, also added an option to show the ob/os histo. Sorry for the hassle.
Hi Mr Tools

Can you look at this once more, I have it set for testing on a 1 minute chart both for push notification and email notification and also set to open bar and it’s not sending any alerts whatsoever and both alert options are set, True: entering OBOS and exiting OBOS zones

I also noticed that the indicator does not refresh in other words when you set it on a 1 minute chart for testing the chart keeps moving but the indicator doesn’t keep up with the price bars it lags and you have to refresh it to make a catch-up to current bar

Hello MrTools

Would you please be able to amend the attached Pipsometer indicator, so that it only shows the open and closed pips for a specific EA Magic Number placed by a trade pad?

At the moment it shows all of the open (and closed) pips for all of the trades, on all of the charts for any particular pair.

For example, if a trade on GBPUSD chart A is 10 pips in profit, and a trade using a different strategy on GBPUSD chart B is 5 pips in profit, both charts will show an open profit of 15 pips, but I would like chart A to show 10 pips and chart B to show 5 pips.

I hope this makes sense and I don’t know whether it can actually be done?

Kind regards

Holmes27

TSD ICEMAN wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:27 am

Hi Mr Tools

Can you look at this once more, I have it set for testing on a 1 minute chart both for push notification and email notification and also set to open bar and it’s not sending any alerts whatsoever and both alert options are set, True: entering OBOS and exiting OBOS zones

I also noticed that the indicator does not refresh in other words when you set it on a 1 minute chart for testing the chart keeps moving but the indicator doesn’t keep up with the price bars it lags and you have to refresh it to make a catch-up to current bar
Not sure what is causing the refreshing issue, because not having it on my browser, but tried a few things maybe it will help, also fixed the alerts.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
TSD ICEMAN, pipsquirrel

mrtools wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:02 am

Not sure what is causing the refreshing issue, because not having it on my browser, but tried a few things maybe it will help, also fixed the alerts.
ok thank you Mr Tools, by the way I have it set on 2 machines with 2 brokers ICM and FXOPEN one has chrome and the other fireforx as browsers and on both computer it had the refresh issue and alert issue, but will down load new and update you one way or another

TSD ICEMAN wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:11 am

ok thank you Mr Tools, by the way I have it set on 2 machines with 2 brokers ICM and FXOPEN one has chrome and the other fireforx as browsers and on both computer it had the refresh issue and alert issue, but will down load new and update you one way or another
UPDATE 1: I can report back that when I load the indicator back on the charts after removing the old, it did in fact send a push , email and pop message which the others before this update did not do, so I going to assume that the alerts on now working.

Will update on the refresh issue later when the market is moving its now 4:41pm NYT and there no price action to test to see if it still has the refresh issue or it it was fix , but as I mentioned on both brokers and browsers the alerts seem to be working

Holmes27 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:25 am Hello MrTools

Would you please be able to amend the attached Pipsometer indicator, so that it only shows the open and closed pips for a specific EA Magic Number placed by a trade pad?

At the moment it shows all of the open (and closed) pips for all of the trades, on all of the charts for any particular pair.

For example, if a trade on GBPUSD chart A is 10 pips in profit, and a trade using a different strategy on GBPUSD chart B is 5 pips in profit, both charts will show an open profit of 15 pips, but I would like chart A to show 10 pips and chart B to show 5 pips.

I hope this makes sense and I don’t know whether it can actually be done?

Kind regards

Holmes27
Not sure if I did any good or not, please try!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Holmes27, pipsquirrel

Moving AveragesRe: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Dear mrtools

Thank you for making changes to "Currency Slope Strength.mq4" last month. <3
app.php/attach/file/3373852

I tried to make it into the dashboard type indicator like "!000SlopeValues" as shown in the image below but it didn't work. :cry:
app.php/attach/file/3335920

If possible, could you make a dashboard type indicator like "!000SlopeValues" using the Currency Slope Strength value?

Of course, "ignorefuture( not recalcurate) = true" for the Currency Slope Strength,please. :hug:

Thanks in advance

Mrs.Watanabe
At the back of a road in common use is another road in the mountain of flowers; you may take either way but be in time still in bloom.(Rikyu SEN)
人の行く裏に道あり花の山
いずれを行くも散らぬ間に行け (利休百首外から)