Re: MACD indicators for MT4

TEAMTRADER wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:22 am I picked up this indicator many years ago and just started to use and test it and I see there is a fault in the creation of the current histo bar.
If anyone could fix it I would appreciate it.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
This version should be better.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
TEAMTRADER, vvFish, pipsquirrel

Banzai wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:07 pm Reposting mladen's MACD dashboard.
It was buried in a thread that has 1000 pages.
Can display any time frame, any pairs.
Banzai, I have a question:
Does the MACD heatmap display
a) above (greenish) or below zero (reddish)
b) signal line above MACD line (greenish) or signal line below MACD line (reddish)?

chriseel wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:14 pm Yes, considering you're really stupid trading-wise and that anything can happen is the biggest trading breakthrough.
The degree you expect to be always right, is the degree you will fail

Anyway, back to my original request, can a coder just confirm if the "NoLagMA(10min)-EMA(10min) / Close" in percentage scale, is enough information to form the indy or you need smt more?
Hi,

May I ask for an indicator for the likes of the one already mentioned? With a minor tweak of course:

NoLagMA(insert time)-EMA(insert time) / Close

Thank You very much

Swnlobo

thomdel wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:34 pm @ mrtools

Respected Sir,
Please see this issue in indi : Macd averages tape (lines + mtf + arrows). Please Solve/Fix if Time Permits.

When we change Time Frame, the Tape gets jumbled. Please see the Attachment pic *

Thanks for your support & Shares.
Try this one, for those who use it, remember you need a different unique id for every instance of the tape. The picture is with the macd on 30 minute on a 15 minute chart.

PS: If you would like to download a template with the indicator set up as ADXVMA, see here: MACD Averages Tape settings template for MT4.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
thomdel, Jimmy, moey_dw, pipsquirrel, Jedidiah

Moving AveragesRe: MACD indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:19 am Try this one, for those who use it, remember you need a different unique id for every instance of the tape. The picture is with the macd on 30 minute on a 15 minute chart.
Thanks again Mrtools.

I like this version as it features display of Lower + Higher Multi-Timeframe :)

As previously posted (but updated template), one particular combination of settings that works nicely is:

• Slow Double Smoothed Moving Average: On
  • Fast Double Smoothed Moving Average: On
  • Average Method: ADXVMA (Average Directional Index Variable Moving Average)
  • Bars to count: 500
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
Deez, moey_dw, thomdel, QSD, talaate
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

So basically i was experimenting with an indicator for an algorithm and also decided to post it here. A lot of users may be familiar with Mladen's LR of MACD indicator. This basically is a DLR of MACD(Double linear regression also by Mladen). Also a Power factor is added(don't know what else to call it) which totally came out of experimenting, no real math here.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 5):
rudiarius, FXchaos, Jimmy, pipsquirrel, Jedidiah