Re: Trend Direction Force Index Indicators MT4

hello all, i do find tdfi is valueable tool to detect range, which amazed me. i wish to learn the logic and concepts of it's calculation for addition knowledge.

i did open up mq4 to read it's formula but due to the codings, i cant make out any usefulness out from my limited brain. If someone could explain how tdfi works or concepts that gave birth to tdfi will do a great help for any trader.

have a nice day!

mrtools wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:54 am

I'm not sure if I can do them that way since those histograms are not your typical histograms, but let's see what I can come up with. But think I can change the outer line color depending on slope, would that help?
Yes, that would definitely show what I'm thinking about. If it can be like *going up and being above level = colour1, *going down and being above level=colour2, *going down and being below level = colour3, *going up and being below level = colour4.

As for the more complicated calculation path - if it is possible to work with the number value of TDFI for each candle.. , just want to make a difference between current and last value and possibly divide by current. So we would get the value of the slope TDFI indicator .
Thank you!

najv

VNPython wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:10 am hello all, i do find tdfi is valueable tool to detect range, which amazed me. i wish to learn the logic and concepts of it's calculation for addition knowledge.

i did open up mq4 to read it's formula but due to the codings, i cant make out any usefulness out from my limited brain. If someone could explain how tdfi works or concepts that gave birth to tdfi will do a great help for any trader.

have a nice day!
can you post a chart how you see the range by TDFI?
thank you.

hey forum,

I am trying to understand which one is the latest version and its very hard . What is the difference between Trend direction and force index - smoothed 4_6.ex4 and Trend direction & force index - averages smoothed (multisymbol + arrows + alerts).ex4

daproject85 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:41 pm hey forum,

I am trying to understand which one is the latest version and its very hard . What is the difference between Trend direction and force index - smoothed 4_6.ex4 and Trend direction & force index - averages smoothed (multisymbol + arrows + alerts).ex4
this would be the latest one
Trend direction & force index - averages smoothed (multisymbol + arrows + alerts).ex4

behaves similar way but latest version is much smoother and advanced with many option to choose from.
These users thanked the author mosape for the post:
Jimmy