Re: Trend Direction Force Index Indicators MT4

najv wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:48 am

Dear MrTools,
would it be possible to add a "derivative" feature to this TDFI indicator? When entering on the colour change of TDFI, a local maximum of TDFI line indicates a fitŕst target where partial exit with profit would be possible, but it is not always easy to spot in time, the break of zero in the derivation of the curve would give this spot for partial exit on profit much more precisely.
Would something like that make sense?

Thank you,, najv
Not sure I understand.

whiteluggage wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:21 am

Does anyone know why after i added to my indicator folder ( i have added many indicators properly) in mt4 and refresh my navigator window but the .ex4 is not appearing for this trend force? i have also deleted the mqlcache.dat to help it refresh. but this indicator is not appearing.
Make sure that in the process of downloading it didn't get renamed, it has renaming protection added to it.

whiteluggage wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:20 am i did not rename. still cannot see. but thank you , for your response.
Did you download it with Firefox? Because Firefox seems to have a bug where it's renaming downloaded files from websites. Use Chrome or Edge when downloading!
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

najv wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:24 pm

Will add a drawing later today. Thank you.
The idea is to have more straight forward access to the information when the TDFI line changes its slope direction - I think the local extremes -- when the slope changes from up to down or from down to up ( same thing when the derivation of the TDFI line crosses zero)
These extremes of TDFI might be good indicators for partial profit taking - red lines on my pictures.
When looking on my pictures, the green lines indicating local valleys - local minimum (also zero crosses on derivative of the TDFI) could be used as add in points for already running trades.
There are of course some noise signals - so all the mtf and filtering options should be kept.
I cant tell right now if simple slope (=current value - previous value) or slope relative to value (= (current value-previous value) /current value) would be better. If possible allow both as options.
I think the result could be shown as a line or as a histogram with positive/negative (or rising-declining positive and rising- declining negative)
Zero cross signals are obvious I guess, more signals could be arranged later perhaps..

Anyway, if you happen to find this interesting enough to invest your time, I would be grateful.
In case this is too time-consuming, I have a simpler option: add rising/declining colouring option to the existing indicator attached. Something like the standard awesome oscillator has. That would still be useful and perhaps could prove the idea.

Thanks, Najv

p.s. I see i missed some peaks and valleys in the drawings.. my mistake ... the idea would apply to those as well, it's not that I would not want those to be recognized
These users thanked the author najv for the post:
Arina

najv wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:50 pm

The idea is to have more straight forward access to the information when the TDFI line changes its slope direction - I think the local extremes -- when the slope changes from up to down or from down to up ( same thing when the derivation of the TDFI line crosses zero)
These extremes of TDFI might be good indicators for partial profit taking - red lines on my pictures.
When looking on my pictures, the green lines indicating local valleys - local minimum (also zero crosses on derivative of the TDFI) could be used as add in points for already running trades.
There are of course some noise signals - so all the mtf and filtering options should be kept.
I cant tell right now if simple slope (=current value - previous value) or slope relative to value (= (current value-previous value) /current value) would be better. If possible allow both as options.
I think the result could be shown as a line or as a histogram with positive/negative (or rising-declining positive and rising- declining negative)
Zero cross signals are obvious I guess, more signals could be arranged later perhaps..

Anyway, if you happen to find this interesting enough to invest your time, I would be grateful.
In case this is too time-consuming, I have a simpler option: add rising/declining colouring option to the existing indicator attached. Something like the standard awesome oscillator has. That would still be useful and perhaps could prove the idea.

Thanks, Najv

p.s. I see i missed some peaks and valleys in the drawings.. my mistake ... the idea would apply to those as well, it's not that I would not want those to be recognized
I'm not sure if I can do them that way since those histograms are not your typical histograms, but let's see what I can come up with. But think I can change the outer line color depending on slope, would that help?