Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Greetings brothers and sisters,

I am experimenting something with MA and I am wondering why I cant set the MA period higher than 4000? Why is this restriction?
Can someone please let me know if there is a MA indicator where I can set period higher than that? I am speaking of the built in MA in MetaTrader.
Will check if there is a MTF MA here and test also.

mades wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:26 am Hi MrTools,

is it possible to just update this averages indi? The difference between 8.9 and other versions is signals (this one does up/down signal based on whether price is above or below the average - very useful!).

Would like to add HE (new) price options and auto size candles. Thanks!
Added a new average (fast ema) and now it has all the price options, option for coloring on slope or price cross, and auto size candles added in the display types.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
rudiarius, mades, marwilli, pipsquirrel

mrtools wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:24 am

Added a new average (fast ema) and now it has all the price options, option for coloring on slope or price cross, and auto size candles added in the display types.
Wow you upgraded it way beyond my request, thank you.

Edit: Unfortunately it shows different results than the old 8.9 one. On the pic, the thinner line is 8.9, thicker new 9.2 with identical settings. Tested on EMA with both adaptive/double smoothed on/off and filter set both to all or average value. Also it's name-locked.
Attachments

mrtools wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:24 am

dear mrtools,
wouldn´t be good to name it averages - mtf - alerts 9.3.ex4 ?
because version 9.2 is always existing and manual renaming of this indi is not possible
below old version 9.2
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

mades wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:41 am

Wow you upgraded it way beyond my request, thank you.

Edit: Unfortunately it shows different results than the old 8.9 one. On the pic, the thinner line is 8.9, thicker new 9.2 with identical settings. Tested on EMA with both adaptive/double smoothed on/off and filter set both to all or average value. Also it's name-locked.
Do not have the code for 8.9 anymore so not sure what the difference is, so guess stuck with 8.9 unless i can figure out what is going on with it.

Edit - Found some differences in the code for the filter and double smoothing, now it's closer to version 9.1 but please check for version 8.9 when you get a chance.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 11):
marwilli, Banzai, MicroLite, Jimmy, moey_dw, talaate, QSD, AnCapFX, pipsquirrel, michaelB, Jedidiah

[quote=mrtools post_id=1295416732 time=1597103086 user_id=4864807]

thank you mrtools :-)

an annotation for other user.
if you donwload vers 9.3 you must change the file after the word "alerts".
behind this word you must have 2 space keys otherwise you get fault message like below
Attachments
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently