Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

I just bringed back to life my old laptop with Linux Mint 20 and I can honestly say, MT4 works way better on old hardware, than on new hardware with Windows. No more freezing on M1, M5 charts, which is a big surprise to me. The only problem I can see is with this wavy lines from HGI, this got something to do with fact, that Mint do not contain special characters from Windows. I installed Tft-mscorefonts package and this solved problem with fonts, but not with this. Anybody got any solution?

Mint:
Windows:
These users thanked the author kowal81 for the post:
Mundu19

kowal81 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:38 am I just bringed back to life my old laptop with Linux Mint 20 and I can honestly say, MT4 works way better on old hardware, than on new hardware with Windows. No more freezing on M1, M5 charts, witch is a big surprise to me. The only problem I can see is with this wavy lines from HGI, this got something to do with fact, that Mint do not contain special characters from Windows. I installed Tft-mscorefonts package and this solved problem with fonts, but not with this. Anybody got any solution?

Mint:
WS30M15.png

Windows:
WS30M15.png
Great stuff, nice to hear.
Try creating a RAM drive on linux 20.
step 1) Open the terminal (ctrl+alt+t)
step 2) type sudo -s
input your password
step 3) copy and paste this line and hit return sudo mkdir /tmp/RamDisk; chmod 777 /tmp/RamDisk
step 4) copy and paste this line and hit return sudo mount -t tmpfs -o size=2048M tmpfs /tmp/RamDisk/
You have now created a RAM drive on Linux 20
now make copy of your MT4 folder and place in /tmp/RamDisk
The first time you run MT4 in the new folder you will need to login.
MT4 should run sweet on your Ram drive - Remember that you lose the contents of the RAM drive when you switch off Duh!
Enjoy!
All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 6):
kowal81, stond, Banzai, fadhayemustafa, Mundu19, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:54 am I really like the 15 min chart Background with the Daily VWAP, it's just awesome.
Xard777
Hi Xard. Thanx so much for this version of VWAP as i been using one with fans/deviations. Please advise on these setting and to change them as discussed above as itried changing the 4 to D1 but something is not right

string VWAPTfInfo = "use H4, D1, W1, MN1";
string VWAPTf = "W1";
extern int NumVWAPTf = 4;

XARD: I overwrote the settings for VWAP in the init section of the code in a bid to cover all the TFs from H4 down to 1min
if(Period()<=PERIOD_M5){VWAPTf="H4";}
if(Period()==PERIOD_M15){VWAPTf="D1";}
if(Period()==PERIOD_M30){VWAPTf="D1";}
if(Period()==PERIOD_H1){VWAPTf="W1";}
if(Period()>=PERIOD_H4){VWAPTf="MN1";}

But you can go in and change to suit then just compile the code again.
These users thanked the author DVanAssen for the post:
Banzai

Will be nice to hear from you Xard how use VWAP, You see the bounce on yellow middle line or use the others lines too?

XARD: Basically,...
if price is above the yellow VWAP line on the 1hr chart then I look for BUYS on the 15 min and 5 min charts.
If price is below the yellow VWAP line on the 1hr chart then I look for SELLS on the 15 min and 5 min charts.
Just take a look at the background on both the 1hr & 15 min charts.
This is without a doubt the best Visual Directional Trading that I have ever seen.
Don't get me wrong, I still use the 2nd DOT, the 61.8%, and the OctaveMath in my day to day analysis.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Cladi39 for the post (total 6):
Banzai, stond, oskar656, Skyold, SWicak, DaffyTaffy

Cladi39 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:14 am Will be nice to hear from you Xard how use VWAP, You see the bounce on yellow middle line or use the others lines too?

XARD: Basically,...
if price is above the yellow VWAP line on the 1hr chart then I look for BUYS on the 15 min and 5 min charts.
If price is below the yellow VWAP line on the 1hr chart then I look for SELLS on the 15 min and 5 min charts.
Just take a look at the background on both the 1hr & 15 min charts.
This is without a doubt the best Visual Directional Trading that I have ever seen.
Don't get me wrong, I still use the 2nd DOT, the 61.8%, and the OctaveMath in my day to day analysis.
Ok I testing take the trades from 1º semaphor red dot to a blue dot like in the attached picture.
Attachments