DownloadRe: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 am This is a phase accumulation adaptive double smoothed ema with a choice of quantile level or floating level bands and with a choice of macd coloring from slope,to middle band crossing or outer level crossing.
Hi Guys,

I joined earlier this year having been lurking for some time. The thing I like most about this site is the wonderful sharing of knowledge and tools which you don't get with other sites. I have mostly coded my own indicators over the past few years but looking at some of those on here, WOW!!

I recently downloaded the above indicator and I'm having trouble with it and wonder if someone could help me. I am sure it is my misunderstanding of how to use this indicator but at the moment I am using the "Colour change on slope change" setting.
When a new bar appears I look at bars 1 and 2 and if they are a different colour then that signals a possible trade signal. I'm using my own indicator and calling this indicator using iCustom. The index I am retrieving is Index 4 (Value 5 in MT4 data window) and if this is EMPTY_VALUE I take it to be a Down slope and if it has any other value then that is assumed to be an Up slope.

I'm probably misunderstanding the indicator but can one of the experts on here explain something I have noticed. On a one minute chart today, the bar at 8:48 on AUDCAD (my broker is ActivTrades) showed Value 5 to be empty when it closed but when the bar at 8:49 closed, the bar at 08:48 showed it to have a value in [Edit - Index 4] Index 4/ Value 5. Is that a repaint (as the bar had closed and this is not shown as a MTF indicator) or am I misunderstanding the nature of the 'adaptive' indicators.

Edit: Extra bit. I wrote an indicator to call this indicator (see attached). It runs for 60 bars (I used it on the one minute time frame) and records the indexes that are used in the iCustom calls (see input parameters). In one hour, there were two bars that repainted. The results of the one minute time frame run are in the attached Excel spreadsheet: I'd really appreciate some help or an explanation of how I should be using this indicator. Many thanks.

By the way, is it possible to add IndicatorDigits(Digits) to the code to show all decimal places in the Data Window. Thanks.

Regards

Ian N.

Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

Hi Friends,

Apologies but in my earlier post there was an error in the headings in the spreadsheet. I've corrected these as the values that I was looking at were (as named in the Data Window in MT4) 'Value 4' and 'Value 5'.

I've amended the code as well and attached both here (and if anyone wants to compile the code I have also attached the #Include file).
Regards

Ian N.

mrtools wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:54 am

Added the on value arrows to a version which has options for a histogram with lines, histogram without lines and no histogram but with the lines. The alerts and arrows happen when the bullish value is greater than the bearish value and greater than the iTrend level.
Happy New Week Mrtools.
Please is it possible to add arrows on chart/candles?

Thanks.

ChartRe: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

Hi MrTools!

I would be nice if you could add to the Adaptive jurik filter (mtf + alerts + fl's).ex4 one line above the baseline and another below that baseline, having as distance from that baseline the parameters ATR period (14 for example) and ATR multiplier (1,1.5,etc.). And another bands also with the parameter of St.Dev period (for example 14 or 20) and multiplier.
Like the example below.

Thanks in advance!

Chris G wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:23 am Hi MrTools!

I would be nice if you could add to the Adaptive jurik filter (mtf + alerts + fl's).ex4 one line above the baseline and another below that baseline, having as distance from that baseline the parameters ATR period (14 for example) and ATR multiplier (1,1.5,etc.). And another bands also with the parameter of St.Dev period (for example 14 or 20) and multiplier.
Like the example below.

Thanks in advance!
This version posted elsewhere is an jurik atr adaptive with atr bands or a adaptive jurik keltner channel
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, charli, QSD

ChartRe: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:52 am

This version posted elsewhere is an jurik atr adaptive with atr bands or a adaptive jurik keltner channel
Thanks Mr. Tools

But that ATR lines doesn't represent a simple add of substract or of the ATR value to the baseline. I've attached a baseline (All averages with ATR lim) that shows an example of those ATR bands.
And the feature of 'Jurik atr adaption smooth double' is also missing.
Thanks in advance!

Chris G wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 am

Thanks Mr. Tools

But that ATR lines doesn't represent a simple add of substract or of the ATR value to the baseline. I've attached a baseline (All averages with ATR lim) that shows an example of those ATR bands.
And the feature of 'Jurik atr adaption smooth double' is also missing.
Thanks in advance!
Yeah it does.

Code: Select all

input double            KATR                 = 2.618;                 // Atr multiplier
This is added and subtracted from the case line.

Code: Select all

input bool              Double               = false;                 // Jurik smooth double
And the smooth double also