Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Thanks for taking the time to do this write-up and share your experience Senior Rob!

Since you are not sure of your current currency strength indicator, see below for one I found (believe it was in this forum but not sure). Would appreciate other opinions on the validity of its readings.
Senior Rob wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:04 am

braciola, I suspect, like I was many years ago, you are suffering from paralysis of analysis coupled with your fear and greed emotions on high alert. If this is the case, then being on here with all Xard's wonderful tools and studies, is just feeding your trading emotional and psychology issues. I suggest you try stripping down whichever of Xard's templates is compatible with your trading personality. You only need one indicator for direction and one for entry - any more will cause conflict to the point you don't know which way is up. In addition, you need two eyes, common sense and some trading experience to see Price Action.
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
Banzai

Senior Rob wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:04 am

braciola, I suspect, like I was many years ago, you are suffering from paralysis of analysis coupled with your fear and greed emotions on high alert. If this is the case, then being on here with all Xard's wonderful tools and studies, is just feeding your trading emotional and psychology issues. I suggest you try stripping down whichever of Xard's templates is compatible with your trading personality. You only need one indicator for direction and one for entry - any more will cause conflict to the point you don't know which way is up. In addition, you need two eyes, common sense and some trading experience to see Price Action.

I think I wrote in my first post on here that I trade my "Stone age Kindergarten" strategy that I have used for many years. I came on Xard's thread to bring my 38 years of trading into the 21st century to make it easier and less stressful for me. Well, guess what, switching over to Xard's templates not only screwed my trading brain up, it also started draining my account. I quickly realised this modern stuff is not for me and my trading personality so, as Xard suggests, I picked out what works for, and enhances, my "old" strategy and ditched the rest.

So, here is what works for me and my simple trading mind:

I have taken Xard's latest UNIVERSE template and deleted everything except Gold Bands. I used to use the 20 ema (which I still check). I am a price action trader so I have deleted the GB candles and replaced them with standard candlesticks so that I can see PA. I have added the 200 ema, my ADR indicator and my daily open line which have faithfully stood by me over all these years. I am easily confused by colours especially lots of bright ones so I just use the colour scheme which has worked for me previously. I also have the HMA trend running in the bottom window but this is not needed as it mimics the GB and is just a carry over from my "old" strategy. My "old" strategy used the 3 level ZZ semafor where, like Xard suggests, I have always used the 2nd ball as, in most cases, it confirms a "lock" of the first ball. Now, I am trying to use Xard's dots in exactly the same manner as I believe he has vastly improved the old 3 level ZZ semafor. I normally turn off the GB "showBOXtxt but now I have added it back to see if it is aligned with my "simple" trading strategy. If it causes conflicts, it will be gone.

I was late getting to my trading station this morning, 6am West Coast time (don't you hate old age), and did not have the time to do my usual planning so I just looked for the first opportunity which was GBPUSD.

This was my trading thought process:

DIRECTION: Price and Price Action is above the 200 ema and GB which is GREEN meaning BUY trades ONLY.

ENTRY: Price CLOSE above the daily open. I never use a hard stop, only a mental one and today that was at the 200 ema.

TARGET: I never use targets or partial positions only PA

EXIT: Exhaustion candle at ADR High

I have started using Xard's meter to judge the strength of the immediate M5 trend and will decide later on its usefulness

This is my trade this morning, on a real, LIVE account with real, live, hard earned money - no armchair quarterback arrows after the fact in hindsight here!

I see now that while writing this, I have missed an opportunity to trade short - oh well, plenty more trades tomorrow

I will continue to try Xard's latest and greatest stuff and eagerly await his new intraday template shortly.

THANK YOU Xard!
Just in the cross of EMAS simple like that.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Cladi39 for the post (total 2):
RplusT, StuartWong

Manqoba wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:34 am My Fellow traders.

Is There anyone who has the XARD system pdf on how it works?
i've been cracking my head for a month now but i can't seem to get at the hang of it.
help will be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Instead of "cracking your head for a month" why don't you take some time to read the entire thread? XARD and others have explained how it works.

GetProfit wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:35 pm
Thank you for sharing your experience! This will help beginners.
Can you share your template? My experience will not allow you to collect it.
Sorry for my English. Good luck!
Everything is HERE on this thread - you need to put some effort in and work if you want results!

I have taken Xard's latest UNIVERSE template and deleted everything except Gold Bands. I used to use the 20 ema (which I still check). I am a price action trader so I have deleted the GB candles and replaced them with standard candlesticks so that I can see PA. I have added the 200 ema, my ADR indicator and my daily open line which have faithfully stood by me over all these years.
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob