Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Cladi39 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:59 pm
braciola719 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:14 pm
but my doubt the buy entry should be made at the first point marked with the white arrow, as soon as the candles turn blue, or after open, second white arrow, or third white arrow?
According to my way.
Braciola........Cladi39 clearly has been showing you the way with many charts. You are NOT going to trade the Semafor dots and arrows. Forget it. They are NO SIGNALS. They just indicate highs and lows, moving with the price. You need to wait till the tide turns, meaning, the TMA line turns up (blue) or down (red) and the candles cross it in the same direction, moving up or down from a level of demand or supply. All this should happen on the higher TFs too.

braciola719 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:14 pm
but my doubt the buy entry should be made at the first point marked with the white arrow, as soon as the candles turn blue, or after open, second white arrow, or third white arrow?

My advice for people who are too attached to coloured candles and dots would be........Use a mono coloured chart and focus on direction, not the colour of single candles. Xard's Goldbands are a nice tool for that as there is usually a squeeze of the bands when price action moves to the upside or downside. I'd also "zoom out" the chart to see more of the overall picture. The 1m chart I show below is just for demonstration purpose. Always follow higher TFs. Xard's other indicator (!!!-Mt4X-XARDg-ARRZZ) plots some good levels of S/D.

Goldbands.JPG

handy148 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:08 pm
Could I please get a definitive answer to the following :-

1. What are the chart background colours based on - some say it's CCI while others say it's an HMA

2. What MA (or HMA) is the gold bands indicator and what value.

Thank you
2nd Request please

handy148 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:11 pm
handy148 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:08 pm
Could I please get a definitive answer to the following :-

1. What are the chart background colours based on - some say it's CCI while others say it's an HMA

2. What MA (or HMA) is the gold bands indicator and what value.

Thank you
2nd Request please
Handy, go look in the code mate and unless u state u dont k now MQL you wont get a response. Anyway in the code on line 287 onoc(for backgroung color). mention is made of CCI period 10 but mention is also made of the GB so this is one of Xaard pieces. The GB also developed by him is neither specifically HMA or MA thus no values as expected. The GB has 3 value setting GB Period, Shuffle and Deviation - something similar to Bollinger bands. So impose Bollinger over GB and change settings if u really need to understand GB. My 2c.

DVanAssen wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:17 pm
handy148 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:11 pm

2nd Request please
Handy, go look in the code mate and unless u state u dont k now MQL you wont get a response. Anyway in the code on line 287 onoc(for backgroung color). mention is made of CCI period 10 but mention is also made of the GB so this is one of Xaard pieces. The GB also developed by him is neither specifically HMA or MA thus no values as expected. The GB has 3 value setting GB Period, Shuffle and Deviation - something similar to Bollinger bands. So impose Bollinger over GB and change settings if u really need to understand GB. My 2c.
Thanks. I don't code so I won't understand mql4. The system works well but I'd just like to understand what's behind it.

1. Similar Topics

1. Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

322 Replies 29303 Views

by ImpLaNT, Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm in Trading Journals

322 Replies
    2. Ichimoku trading system for simple & profitable transactions

19 Replies 11755 Views

by hoanguyen, Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:52 am in Trading Systems

19 Replies

Return to “Trading Systems”