Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:32 am

Added the filter options and changed the alert wording.

PS: To learn more about this indicator's usage including the "34 EMA Wave Channel", be sure to read Raghee Horner's books here, in our Trader's Library section for members: Forex On Five Hours A Week.
Thank you MrTools.

Unfortunately the issue of repeating alerts hasn't been resolved yet. Attaching a pic of it. Is it possible to have it alert only when it changes color? Thank you!

p.s. as it looks now, alerts go on when bearish candle happens above channel ("weak") and vice versa, basically triggering alert any time an opposite candle to previous one appears. My intention is to have it alert only when it changes color from red to green/green to red (crossing the channel completely) or from grey to green/red and green/red to grey (getting in and out of the channel). Also when multiple "choppy" (inside channel) candles appear if they are opposite to each other (one is bullish another one bearish but still inside the channel), alert goes on repeatedly.

Thank you again for looking into it.
Attachments

mades wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Thank you MrTools.

Unfortunately the issue of repeating alerts hasn't been resolved yet. Attaching a pic of it. Is it possible to have it alert only when it changes color? Thank you!

p.s. as it looks now, alerts go on when bearish candle happens above channel ("weak") and vice versa, basically triggering alert any time an opposite candle to previous one appears. My intention is to have it alert only when it changes color from red to green/green to red (crossing the channel completely) or from grey to green/red and green/red to grey (getting in and out of the channel). Also when multiple "choppy" (inside channel) candles appear if they are opposite to each other (one is bullish another one bearish but still inside the channel), alert goes on repeatedly.

Thank you again for looking into it.
Made this version think it's closer to what you are looking for, but if you break out of say the top channel the candle will be strong bull but if the signal changes to weak bull (which is price > upper channel and open price > close price) then the candle will change to weak bull if price strengthens (price > upper channel and open price < close price) then you get the strong bull candle and will get an strong bull alert again, vise versa for bearish candles, not sure of another way to code this, except the version I'm posting.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
Jimmy, mades, pipsquirrel, pfxi, RZAMK, kingsigo

mrtools wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 am
Added the arrows and alerts.
Dear MrTools - you have probably more interesting things on your plate BUT
Do you think it at all possible to add the aligned arrows and aligned alerts for this indie?
One would need an input of how many time frames are aligned for an arrow to draw /alert to be given:
input: 1 or 2 or 3 or 4
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Banzai

mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 am

Made this version think it's closer to what you are looking for, but if you break out of say the top channel the candle will be strong bull but if the signal changes to weak bull (which is price > upper channel and open price > close price) then the candle will change to weak bull if price strengthens (price > upper channel and open price < close price) then you get the strong bull candle and will get an strong bull alert again, vise versa for bearish candles, not sure of another way to code this, except the version I'm posting.
Now it works closer to what I needed. Still spams but less. Thank you.

mrtools wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 am
Added the arrows and alerts.
Dear MrTools,
I truly don't want to be a pain in the "YouKnowWhat" but I'm still thinking about your "averages trend (alerts)":
Instead of my two earlier suggestions (that you - it seems - are not interested in - probably for good reasons):
How about expanding it into a 4TF indie? (Would this be extremely difficult and time consuming?)
and give the user the choice of how many MAs have to be aligned to give signal/alarms.
It would be very kind of you to ponder it.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Banzai

josi wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:58 pm
Dear MrTools,
I truly don't want to be a pain in the "YouKnowWhat" but I'm still thinking about your "averages trend (alerts)":
Instead of my two earlier suggestions (that you - it seems - are not interested in - probably for good reasons):
How about expanding it into a 4TF indie? (Would this be extremely difficult and time consuming?)
and give the user the choice of how many MAs have to be aligned to give signal/alarms.
It would be very kind of you to ponder it.
It's not that I'm not interested just very busy and have some personal matters going on now too, just decide what you are looking for and will try and get to it as soon as possible.

mrtools wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:20 pm
It's not that I'm not interested just very busy and have some personal matters going on now too, just decide what you are looking for and will try and get to it as soon as possible.
That's truly very kind of you.
There's no hurry - just let me know whenever you've found the time.
Please expand your "averages trend (alerts)" into a 4TF indie and give the user the choice of how many MAs have to be aligned to give signal/alarms.

mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 am

display candles setting not working