Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

pi_369 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:33 pm Dear Xard

I am wondering if you have this murray math indicator? http://i.imgur.com/IoI2D.png.

MobbyD posted this murray_math_tf_ism2.mq4 in mq5.com forum back to Oct. 2010. This indicator version no longer work on the current mt4 platform. It will be great if you have the current working copy and could kindly share with us here?

Thank you so much!

XARD: now working....
could you please share the indicator on the bottom ?...thanks

XARD,

I just wanted to thank you for your last setup update. The last 10 days have been a complete game-changer in my trading career. Just followed your simple instructions of trading arrow to arrow and sometimes entered after the second small semafor formation and trading it to end of the cycle channel.

Thank you again for creating this setup. It's a life-changing system.
Attachments
These users thanked the author aviator4200 for the post (total 2):
Banzai, Harsharaj

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

@Xard777

I noticed something peculiar about the most recent update of your system.
Some people are experiencing problems with the ARRZZ indicator when changing timeframes.

What I noticed:
I have no problems whatsoever on the following timeframes: M1, M5, M15, H1, H4, D1, W1, MN.
By "no problems" I mean: I can switch around between these timeframes with zero lag.

But as soon as I switch to the timeframe M30 (which, ironically, is the timeframe which this most recent update of yours is intended for), MT4 freezes, Windows shows the hourglass mouse pointer and the MT4 window has a "not responding" showing. And I have to restart MT4 and it will show the most recent working profile / chart

Is it possible that there's a well-intentioned but buggy part in the AARRZZ code which causes the indicator to freeze MT4 specifically on the M30 timeframe for certain MT4 editions/versions?
I'm not a coder, but I took a look at the code and have quoted below a few parts which my non-coder intuition says could be responsible for the freezes when changing to the M30 timeframe.

128 if(Period()==PERIOD_M30){MainRZZ=60*8;}
129 if(Period()==PERIOD_H1) {MainRZZ=60*4;}
130 if(Period()>=PERIOD_H4) {SRZZ=15;}

Or any code involving the MainRZZ variable because that's the one being multiplied by 8 when on the M30 timeframe.

And yes, I removed the blocking of the M1, M5 and M15 timeframes. But I'm having the same MT4 freeze issue with the original template. Even with a brand-new MT4 installation. My broker is IC Markets.

@anyone experiencing issues with the ARRZZ indicator: could you try this?

-Open a new default empty chart (NOT Xard Universe)
-make sure that the chosen timeframe is NOT M30
-now load Xard777's most recent template (XARD UNIVERSE.tpl)
-then switch around all timeframes EXCEPT for M30
-report back in this thread if you experience any freezes or if everything is working fine

Also, perhaps only people with IC Markets MT4 editions are having this problem?
These users thanked the author ablaze for the post (total 2):
traderokey, Banzai

aviator4200 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:12 am XARD,

I just wanted to thank you for your last setup update. The last 10 days have been a complete game-changer in my trading career. Just followed your simple instructions of trading arrow to arrow and sometimes entered after the second small semafor formation and trading it to end of the cycle channel.

Thank you again for creating this setup. It's a life-changing system.
Hey aviator4200
Congrats on your results! May I ask which version of Xard's system you are using? And which PZ indicator?

aviator4200 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:41 am

Thanks! It's the latest version of XARD-Universe. The PZ indicator is called PZ Super Trend with default settings.
Awesome! And thank you. May I ask how you traded with this system? Just as per the rules, i.e. entering on a second red dot and then try to stay in the trade until a big arrow prints?
Sorry for asking again..but I'm really excited. Those really are killer results. : )

ablaze wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:51 am
Awesome! And thank you. May I ask how you traded with this system? Just as per the rules, i.e. entering on a second red dot and then try to stay in the trade until a big arrow prints?
Sorry for asking again..but I'm really excited. Those really are killer results. : )
No problem. Yeah just keep it simple. Either trade from arrow to arrow as per XARD or just enter on the second red dot and ride it out.
These users thanked the author aviator4200 for the post:
ablaze

ablaze wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:26 am Hi everyone, I'm new here.

@Xard777

I noticed something peculiar about the most recent update of your system.
Some people are experiencing problems with the ARRZZ indicator when changing timeframes.

@anyone experiencing issues with the ARRZZ indicator: could you try this?

-Open a new default empty chart (NOT Xard Universe)
-make sure that the chosen timeframe is NOT M30
-now load Xard777's most recent template (XARD UNIVERSE.tpl)
-then switch around all timeframes EXCEPT for M30
-report back in this thread if you experience any freezes or if everything is working fine

Also, perhaps only people with IC Markets MT4 editions are having this problem?
I had the same problem, first on H1, H4 and then later on MN1. So, I switched to the ARRZZ indicator included in previous editions. This resolved the issue partly. At the moment, I only experience the problem on MN1 even after the switch but I don't use the monthly time frame often, so no worries.
These users thanked the author traderokey for the post:
ablaze

traderokey wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 am

I had the same problem, first on H1, H4 and then later on MN1. So, I switched to the ARRZZ indicator included in previous editions. This resolved the issue partly. At the moment, I only experience the problem on MN1 even after the switch but I don't use the monthly time frame often, so no worries.
Ok..so my hunch that it's just the M30 is probably wrong. One question: would it be possible for you to post the ARRZZ version that you're currently using? This would save me a lot of time going through older setup editions until I get a working one for my MT4.