Re: 4 Time Frame and All TFs Indicators

Banzai wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:51 am
Moving Averages are so lagging.
By the time we enter a LONG, the trend is already starting going downhill.
You think so?
It does depend on the averages and the period input and it doesn't always pay to be the first in as - more often than not - old lows and highs are retested and you may well be stopped out a couple of times before you start to make any money. BUT THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR ANSWER.
and your arrow-version of Mladen's indi: see attachment:
there seems to be a problem with the arrows remaining forever, for example: if you change timeframes; even after you delete the indicator they stay on the screen.
Attachments

Banzai wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:42 pm Try this new version to see if it works.
Thanks.
OK, I tried it on M5.
First it looked good, then it happened again.
What is the reason? Well, a price move triggers the arrow, the arrow paints, price moves in the opposite direction, arrow remains were it was painted. That's how and why this happens. If you reload the screen, arrow has disappeared.

Also interesting: although the input in "DrawArrowsWhenTimeFrameAlligned" is 4, indi draws arrow when 3 are alligned.
If you change input for "alertsHowManyTimeFrameAlligned" from 3 to 4 arrows change (but that should only affect alerts!)
But that may also be due to price changes because it is unclear whether price move in the opposite direction have changed indi from 4TFs (red) to 3TFs red and arrows have simply stayed on screen.
I am glad you're the coder because the details can and will mostly be real fuckers!
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Banzai

And then, of course, there is the repainting issue of the higher TFs: see the last three arrows on chart
(But the good news: arrows disappear in the new version when higher TFs repaint)
No matter: I really like what you produced here.
One has to read price action, anyway - and the arrows are very good for seeing directional bias AND lower highs/ higher lows in one short glance
Attachments
Banzai

Look at the last red and blue arrow (I have set input to show arrows when 3 rows show the same colour) :
the blue ones (up) seem to repaint as the indicator bars change along with price moves.
the red ones (down) seem to remain on screen even after price moves have contradicted signals
How does this happen?
Attachments
Banzai

josi wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:55 pm
Look at the last red and blue arrow (I have set input to show arrows when 3 rows show the same colour) :
the blue ones (up) seem to repaint as the indicator bars change along with price moves.
the red ones (down) seem to remain on screen even after price moves have contradicted signals
How does this happen?
mntiwana wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 8:11 am 4 time frame heiken ashi nmc arrows
This is 4 time frame Heiken Ashi indicator with alerts and arrows
I got the original code from here (Thu May 11, 2017 3:11 pm):
viewtopic.php?p=1295353471#p1295353471

and it looks it was repainted.
I have to rewrite the code and will take some time. Hang on.

Banzai wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:14 am I got the original code from here (Thu May 11, 2017 3:11 pm):
viewtopic.php?p=1295353471#p1295353471

and it looks it was repainted.
I have to rewrite the code and will take some time. Hang on.
Will do!
Thanks for your feedback to my feedback!
AND: THANKS for all the work you do!
If you have to rewrite it - you may want to have a look at this one by Mladen
Banzai

Re: 4 Time Frame and All TFs Indicators for MT4

Banzai wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:01 pm I was able to combine these standard 6 signals

DeMark
MACD
Momentum
RSI
CCI
Stochastic

into one indicator. It's MTF too.
No alerts. No arrows.

The conditions are:

Suppose you don't want to use RSI, just change the colors to NONE.
I added Waddah Attar Explosion and make "Standard 7 Signals mtf.mq4"
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 7):
josi, blue7, pipsquirrel, Thangarasu, 太虚一毫, thomdel, talaate