Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Have you tried this version?
Hi, mrtools!

I tried that version mate but it got me different results than the vanilla version in default setting. :( While that edited version appears in an NZDJPY currency, it unfortunately moves slightly different than the vanilla version I previously attached. With this slight difference in movement (even if set in the same settings as a default vanilla), it got me different results in backtesting than the vanilla version in default setting, resulting to a lower win rate and ROI, in fact. :(

Is it possible that it be fixed? So much so that it moves exactly as the vanilla version in default setting and that it also appears in the NZDJPY currency window?

Thanks in advance mate!

kikoylim wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Hi, mrtools!

I tried that version mate but it got me different results than the vanilla version in default setting. :( While that edited version appears in an NZDJPY currency, it unfortunately moves slightly different than the vanilla version I previously attached. With this slight difference in movement (even if set in the same settings as a default vanilla), it got me different results in backtesting than the vanilla version in default setting, resulting to a lower win rate and ROI, in fact. :(

Is it possible that it be fixed? So much so that it moves exactly as the vanilla version in default setting and that it also appears in the NZDJPY currency window?

Thanks in advance mate!
Can't do anything with an ex4 file.

Re: Memory leak ?

ionone wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:12 pm Hi

When I try to create an indicator that uses stepma_of_rsi_adaptive but with an adaptive factor I got a huge amount of memory that is then used (like 2 GB until it puts me a memory issue warning)

i tried using less bars but the problem is the same.
if you set the factor to a fixed one (by uncommenting line 92) then the error goes away.

please dear MrTools could you fix the issue ? that would be greatly appreciated

original indi
stepma_of_rsi_adaptive_ema_2_1mod.mq4

my indi (you need both)
stepma_of_rsi_adaptive_ema_2_1mod mine 01 arrows 2.mq4

thanks so much
EDIT : this happens also with the indi "StepMA of rsi adaptive ema 3.0"

Jeff
ok i found a fix : just round the factor instead of inputing a double. This must be some kind of bug within MT4
Jeff

Hi, mrtools!

I would appreciate it mate if you can also add all MA's on the "all averages" indi and a variable setting for "Apply to" and an option for "First Indicator's Data" for the two attached indis below.

This is so that I can finally add these MA indicators in a separate indicator window.

Thank you!

cinare wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Thank you! I will try tomorrow on my demo account. I am testing scalping vs trand trading to figure out what I want to do. This indi is for M1 and M5 or only M1? Any currency preferences? And may I ask what indicator is on the top right?
Hi, test it on the timeframes you prefer, for now I have only tested on EURUSD.
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
cinare