Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

josi wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:59 pm 1st chart: really excellent signals! Fantastic work!
2nd chart asks for a more differentiated reading (signals several times come too late) but still impressive (change colour on change of slope direction - i. e. 2 greens & 2 reds - could make it easier; could be used especially to tell you when to exit)
Great info, thanks Josi. Are you using all standard settings? I've changed it to Tim Tilson calculation on mine and find this calculation takes away some noise (but is less responsive, of course). What do you think of the signals using Tim Tilson? :)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
pfxi
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:23 pm Great info, thanks Josi. Are you using all standard settings? I've changed it to Tim Tilson calculation on mine and find this calculation takes away some noise (but is less responsive, of course). What do you think of the signals using Tim Tilson? :)
What can I say, except:
You're the expert!
For me there's not a right or wrong answer here. If you are looking for long swings Tilson might serve you well.
If you want information about what price may be doing next then the standard setting seems to me to be the better deal for now.
If you disregard signals and crossover and simply use slope (or rather: wideninig or narowing of the space between both lines, i. e. bright colour for histo bars getting progressively larger; darker colour for histo bars getting progressively smaller) as orientation both will work equally well.
Both seem to imply that we are in an accumulation range right now - we'll see on Monday.
Attachments

mrtools wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Added the atr bands as a level.
Thanks mrtools! I was meant with ATR bands, something like two lines:
one above the baseline, the value of the baseline plus the value of the ATR multiplier.
one below the baseline, the value of the baseline minus the value of the ATR multiplier.

Thank you very much!

Chris G wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:09 am

Thanks mrtools! I was meant with ATR bands, something like two lines:
one above the baseline, the value of the baseline plus the value of the ATR multiplier.
one below the baseline, the value of the baseline minus the value of the ATR multiplier.

Thank you very much!
The adaptive jurik with the bands alone?

josi wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:19 pm
To me it looks more like a Donchian Channel than ATR.
What am I not getting here?
Am I allowed another question? Why did you go for Jurik period 35 (standard) instead of the magical Fibonacci 34?
Looks like on you may have it set on quantile levels instead of atr levels, also no reason for the settings.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
josi