Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:47 pm Guys, stop arguing ... In my opinion, everything is simple ... The broker who trades Axlrod gives quotes with five decimal places. Most brokers have 4 characters. Hence, such results are obtained ... :) Just those readings that need to be divided by 10 in Axlrod’s pictures :)

No ImpLaNT.
The problem was not whether the brokers were 4-digit or 5-digit. It was caused by two factors:
First of all, AxlRod, as mentioned in this post:
viewtopic.php?p=1295412314#p1295412314
Had other open positions on this pair, and both he and his indicator, which I do not use, calculated the total profit of the open positions while placing the image of last position.

The second problem is that I don't know why a person in a specialized thread, instead of discussing the strengths and weaknesses of a strategy and trying to optimize and properly teach it to the public, should seek to sell pride and count real or demo pips. The world is not devoid of humans or robots that can pick up much faster and faster.
These users thanked the author RZAMK for the post (total 2):
josi, errol

luis1moce wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:37 pm Hi!

I hope everybody did some green pips this week. Posted are my weekly results, as you can see I have some LOSES, and some DRAWDOWN, but in the end what matters is to keep drawdown low, cut loses, let profitable trades run, rinse and repeat. Just follow XARD'S instructions.

Have a great weekend!
Agreed and nice trades by the way bro...Your results reflect upon your trading journey without any prejudice towards cherry picking from only the profitable trades (this realistic view is what ultimately creates and separates profitable traders from those in denial :D ).Perhaps to do more you should share your personal money management style that has helped you overcome your draw downs..What most folks get wrong is not the strategy but rather the money management part of a trading system...Would like to see this discussed more when uploads are created. Just posting uploads of pips made really doesn't benefit anyone without sharing the insights behind the trades ...Suggestion would be to post trade ideas prior to a trade been made (upload pictures) ; ideally show your money management as to where your sl would be placed prior to the trade and post follow up results later...Unfortunately most uploads are done in hindsight and don't benefit those that are still learning of finding their way ;)

Agreed and nice trades by the way bro...Your results reflect upon your trading journey without any prejudice towards cherry picking from only the profitable trades (this realistic view is what ultimately creates and separates profitable traders from those in denial :D ).Perhaps to do more you should share your personal money management style that has helped you overcome your draw downs..What most folks get wrong is not the strategy but rather the money management part of a trading system...Would like to see this discussed more when uploads are created. Just posting uploads of pips made really doesn't benefit anyone without sharing the insights behind the trades ...Suggestion would be to post trade ideas prior to a trade been made (upload pictures) ; ideally show your money management as to where your sl would be placed prior to the trade and post follow up results later...Unfortunately most uploads are done in hindsight and don't benefit those that are still learning of finding their way ;)
[/quote]

Earlier on I said i would take smaller positions and handle any drawdown as I am Long indices currently sat in DD after two great weeks.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Sappyjay for the post:
errol
May the Pip$ be with you always....

Sappyjay wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:30 pm Agreed and nice trades by the way bro...Your results reflect upon your trading journey without any prejudice towards cherry picking from only the profitable trades (this realistic view is what ultimately creates and separates profitable traders from those in denial :D ).Perhaps to do more you should share your personal money management style that has helped you overcome your draw downs..What most folks get wrong is not the strategy but rather the money management part of a trading system...Would like to see this discussed more when uploads are created. Just posting uploads of pips made really doesn't benefit anyone without sharing the insights behind the trades ...Suggestion would be to post trade ideas prior to a trade been made (upload pictures) ; ideally show your money management as to where your sl would be placed prior to the trade and post follow up results later...Unfortunately most uploads are done in hindsight and don't benefit those that are still learning of finding their way ;)
Earlier on I said i would take smaller positions and handle any drawdown as I am Long indices currently sat in DD after two great weeks.
[/quote]

I like the fact that your approach to trading is a realistic one though your lot sizes look quite significant unless you trading a micro account... (Such an approach should also be used by folks that may still be demo trading since results would mirror those on a live account---unrealistic position sizes in relation to equity in a live account usually leads to accounts been blown) ... you have obviously managed your position or money well by taking smaller positions...Money management is a key concept to a successful portfolio growth; without it one cannot be consistently profitable...

I like the fact that your approach to trading is a realistic one though your lot sizes look quite significant unless you trading a micro account... (Such an approach should also be used by folks that may still be demo trading since results would mirror those on a live account---unrealistic position sizes in relation to equity in a live account usually leads to accounts been blown) ... you have obviously managed your position or money well by taking smaller positions...Money management is a key concept to a successful portfolio growth; without it one cannot be consistently profitable...
[/quote]

Lets just say I have a decent size account and my position sizes vary depending on my confidence in the market and my trade i.e. if gold or oil crashes i keep a reserve of margin to strike, as the probabilities of winning a much greater.

The three pillars are: 1 trading method, 2 trading psychology and 3 money management, without those three working in perfect unison profits suffer.
These users thanked the author Sappyjay for the post:
charli
May the Pip$ be with you always....