Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

I created an indicator from the well known libSSA (Bamsbung), but i made non repaint. and it uses ONLY the DLL function. So it's its purest form. Fast SSA.
also you can set big smoothing periods, that was not allowed before

be careful if you set the wrong settings, MT4 can crash, this is not my fault, this is the DLL's fault.

enjoy

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 2):
Banzai, charli

yeehc wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:24 am hello everyone ! I was wondering is there any & toggleable moving average indicator out there? ( that can show / hide moving average in chart with just a button )
Only one. Button indicators are rare.
-----------------------------------------

Hi MrTools,

would it be possible to change the alerts on this great hilo channel indi including the wording based on just candle color ? (up/down/sideways) Coloring is based on the close of the candle (above/below/inside chanel). Also alert only first time it changes, not repeatedly.

Also maybe add some of your filter options you had on other averages suites to make it complete perfect hilo channel averages tool.

Thank you!

mades wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:18 am Hi MrTools,

would it be possible to change the alerts on this great hilo channel indi including the wording based on just candle color ? (up/down/sideways) Coloring is based on the close of the candle (above/below/inside chanel). Also alert only first time it changes, not repeatedly.

Also maybe add some of your filter options you had on other averages suites to make it complete perfect hilo channel averages tool.

Thank you!
Added the filter options and changed the alert wording.

PS: To learn more about this indicator's usage including the "34 EMA Wave Channel", be sure to read Raghee Horner's books here, in our Trader's Library section for members: Forex On Five Hours A Week.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
rudiarius, mades, kvak, Jimmy, milad1987, Mundu19, pipsquirrel, macbeth, myrx, Rox, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah

genealno wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:18 am Hi dear forum members,

Could advise me whether or not something similar to this indicator exists?

This indicator is showing the slope directions of two HMAs, what would be super is if something similar existed for multiple types of moving averages.

If anyone has come across something similar, I'd really appreciate your input!
This might be a start.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
genealno, rudiarius, pipsquirrel

mrtools wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:36 am Added the arrows and alerts.
The idea is interesting (like a reduced 4TF indie), especially with all the different MAs to choose from.
What I find problematic, though, is the fact that you use the same MA_method for the slow AND the fast MA.
If the fast MA is for entries it would be better, I think, to be able to choose something like ZL or Hull etc
If the slow MA is for directional bias it would be better, I think, to be able to choose from a smoother variety in order to produce fewer false signals (i. e. you might want to stay in a trade for pullbacks - which with a fast MA, like Hull, will almost certainly give you a signal to get out).
My suggestion: the possibility to choose a different MA_method (from your faboulous list) for slow and for fast.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
fadhayemustafa