Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Pikachu wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:31 am

In this case that would be a big ouch for me even when this example is rare:
EURUSDM15.png

Another options you have mentioned is trading after the cross until a red or blue dot.
But I notice from backtesting that red or blue dot can almost appear at the candle right after the cross.
So what to do then???
GBPUSDM15.png
Options:
1. Trade further and hope it repaints more or
2. this could be the endpoint of the repainting and do nothing

Both of these options are not really a "confident trade".

Edit:
Here another fresh example to understand my problem:
USDJPYM15.png
Attachments
These users thanked the author luis1moce for the post:
Pikachu

Closed +200 pips on WS30. Guys, the indicators do exacly what their name is - they indicate. You need to understand that PRICE CAN GO ANYWERE. It's up to trader if he exit from position with profit or he let others take it. My advice is - stop chasing price on multiple curriencies charts and open HK50, DE30, WS30 - just like Mr. XARD. Try to trade only Asia Open, London Open and New York Open. Look for Higher Time Frames (D1, H4, H1) BEFORE pulling the trigger on M15 - stop wasting time for M5 and M1. Just like in instructions - when everything is in the same colour and you know position of price to open, yesterday low, yesterday high, yesterday close, ADR - look for an entry. Does it mean that you should take all opportunites that you see? OF COURSE NOT.
Speculation is a competitive game, whitch means that in order to someone to win, most people must lose if we make an assumption that the amount of money on the market is limited to the deposits of it's participants. Since most people on the market lose someone must take that profit. So called Market Makers will do whatever it takes to make you take the wrong side of the trade and then take your money. In order to win you must have an edge; in other words you must learn to recognize when to trade and more importantly, WHEN NOT TO. Learn to recognize your patterns, because nobody will teach you how to trade - it's a skill based profession. You need to experiment. The more time you will spend in front of charts, the better you will be. This system is, in my opinion, perfect in protect you from taking stupid trades.
Just food for thought - if you take a trade according to rules and it instantly go other way, why not to take a small loss and look to enter in that new direction? ;)
One more thing - are you guys familiar with Mark Douglas work? If not I strongly encourage to watch his seminars on YouTube and read his books - maybe it will change some way of thinking for someone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbJUN8rJTw4
These users thanked the author kowal81 for the post (total 4):
braciola719, RZAMK, wojtek, Erebøs_X

kowal81 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:58 am Closed +200 pips on WS30.
WS30M15.png

Guys, the indicators do exacly what their name is - they indicate. You need to understand that PRICE CAN GO ANYWERE. It's up to trader if he exit from position with profit or he let others take it. My advice is - stop chasing price on multiple curriencies charts and open HK50, DE30, WS30 - just like Mr. XARD. Try to trade only Asia Open, London Open and New York Open. Look for Higher Time Frames (D1, H4, H1) BEFORE pulling the trigger on M15 - stop wasting time for M5 and M1. Just like in instructions - when everything is in the same colour and you know position of price to open, yesterday low, yesterday high, yesterday close, ADR - look for an entry. Does it mean that you should take all opportunites that you see? OF COURSE NOT.
Speculation is a competitive game, whitch means that in order to someone to win, most people must lose if we make an assumption that the amount of money on the market is limited to the deposits of it's participants. Since most people on the market lose someone must take that profit. So called Market Makers will do whatever it takes to make you take the wrong side of the trade and then take your money. In order to win you must have an edge; in other words you must learn to recognize when to trade and more importantly, WHEN NOT TO. Learn to recognize your patterns, because nobody will teach you how to trade - it's a skill based profession. You need to experiment. The more time you will spend in front of charts, the better you will be. This systems is, in my opinion, perfect in protect you from taking stupid trades.
Just food for thought - if you take a trade according to rules and it instantly go other way, why not to take a small loss and look to enter in that new direction? ;)
One more thing - are you guys familiar with Mark Douglas work? If not I strongly encourage to watch his seminars on YouTube and read his books - maybe it will change some way of thinking for someone.
Amen brother, we win but not losing! another great video playlist, NNFX:
These users thanked the author Sappyjay for the post:
kowal81
May the Pip$ be with you always....

Guys it is not the system onlly, you can be profitable with 50/50 system, just use 1:2 ratio, simple like that. Soo when you lose a trade you will lose 1 and when you win you will win 2. Simple money managemment. Soo put your take a profit double space of your stop loss, you can trail stop loss to minimize the lose but never move take profit.
These users thanked the author Cladi39 for the post:
kowal81

kowal81 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:58 am Closed +200 pips on WS30.
WS30M15.png

Guys, the indicators do exacly what their name is - they indicate. You need to understand that PRICE CAN GO ANYWERE. It's up to trader if he exit from position with profit or he let others take it. My advice is - stop chasing price on multiple curriencies charts and open HK50, DE30, WS30 - just like Mr. XARD. Try to trade only Asia Open, London Open and New York Open. Look for Higher Time Frames (D1, H4, H1) BEFORE pulling the trigger on M15 - stop wasting time for M5 and M1. Just like in instructions - when everything is in the same colour and you know position of price to open, yesterday low, yesterday high, yesterday close, ADR - look for an entry. Does it mean that you should take all opportunites that you see? OF COURSE NOT.
Speculation is a competitive game, whitch means that in order to someone to win, most people must lose if we make an assumption that the amount of money on the market is limited to the deposits of it's participants. Since most people on the market lose someone must take that profit. So called Market Makers will do whatever it takes to make you take the wrong side of the trade and then take your money. In order to win you must have an edge; in other words you must learn to recognize when to trade and more importantly, WHEN NOT TO. Learn to recognize your patterns, because nobody will teach you how to trade - it's a skill based profession. You need to experiment. The more time you will spend in front of charts, the better you will be. This systems is, in my opinion, perfect in protect you from taking stupid trades.

sorry a question: but you entered first right ?? the entrance would have been a blue candle closing at 15 minutes
Attachments

xard777 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:44 pm Hi Sappyjay,

This is my 2nd trade today, I did +60 Pip$ earlier and I know it says 217 but I closed out at +232 Pip$ for a total of +292 Pip$ so far today.
I tend to only use 30 min & 15 min but will look at 4hr TF from time to time just to get my bearings.

The best trades are at the cross of the Trend line if you are in a SELL on a Pink Candle then instead of a stop loss just bail if a Blue Candle appears. If you're in a BUY on a Blue Candle again bail if a Pink Candle appears. For the opposite colour candle to appear price has got to cross back over the Trend line which means that you should no longer be in that trade and you should without hesitation cut your losses instantly and WAIT sit back and reassess the situation (check higher TFs, previous highs and lows, how far has Mmath run, 2/8ths, 3/8ths, 5/8th, are we at overbought +1/8th +2/8ths or oversold -1/8th -2/8ths).

A 2nd red dot is great to a 1st Blue dot and a 2nd Blue dot is good to another blue dot or Arrow.
Until price has crossed the Trend line then consider the current trend to be still in play.
Again, this is why we WAIT for the cross. Keep it simple.
Xard777
hello Mr. Xard, just wanna make sure you open possition right after cross? and not wait for candle close?