Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

[quote=Pikachu post_id=1295411830 time=1591278256 user_id=4938005]

When I looked at switching to indices i did some research and when indices goes into a trend it usually stays that way for a decent amount of time, Forex apparently has a lot of whipsaws ( probably big bank manipulation) and I must admit I find it stressful to trade which is weird because before the pandemic I was smashing Spot Gold with a win rate that I was extremely happy with, I can't wait for it to go back to normal, but you are right different securities act differently all the time and if you just keep the same strategy it may not always work or it may. Right now i'm also trading OIL cause it was in a good recovery and way underpriced, longs only. Just an extra bit of analysis and a reason why I use Xard's great ADX indicator cause if i don't even have a trend on the daily do i want to trade it?!
Attachments
These users thanked the author Sappyjay for the post:
wojtek
May the Pip$ be with you always....

xard777 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:44 pm Hi Sappyjay,

This is my 2nd trade today, I did +60 Pip$ earlier and I know it says 217 but I closed out at +232 Pip$ for a total of +292 Pip$ so far today.
I tend to only use 30 min & 15 min but will look at 4hr TF from time to time just to get my bearings.

The best trades are at the cross of the Trend line if you are in a SELL on a Pink Candle then instead of a stop loss just bail if a Blue Candle appears. If you're in a BUY on a Blue Candle again bail if a Pink Candle appears. For the opposite colour candle to appear price has got to cross back over the Trend line which means that you should no longer be in that trade and you should without hesitation cut your losses instantly and WAIT sit back and reassess the situation (check higher TFs, previous highs and lows, how far has Mmath run, 2/8ths, 3/8ths, 5/8th, are we at overbought +1/8th +2/8ths or oversold -1/8th -2/8ths).

A 2nd red dot is great to a 1st Blue dot and a 2nd Blue dot is good to another blue dot or Arrow.
Until price has crossed the Trend line then consider the current trend to be still in play.
Again, this is why we WAIT for the cross. Keep it simple.
Xard777
Nice bro, I just reduced my exposure cause I am long on Indices until it reaches former levels, I stopped using a physical stop loss as I am confident I can handle the drawdown if smaller positions are opened as I go deeper into drawdown until it reverses, its a different less stressful way to trade on the 4H and I don't need to look at my screen constantly, just buy the dips. I think my results speak for themselves, it would be good if you posted your MT4 history ;)
May the Pip$ be with you always....

This is my 2nd trade today, I did +60 Pip$ earlier and I know it says 217 but I closed out at +232 Pip$ for a total of +292 Pip$ so far today.
I tend to only use 30 min & 15 min but will look at 4hr TF from time to time just to get my bearings.

The best trades are at the cross of the Trend line if you are in a SELL on a Pink Candle then instead of a stop loss just bail if a Blue Candle appears. If you're in a BUY on a Blue Candle again bail if a Pink Candle appears. For the opposite colour candle to appear price has got to cross back over the Trend line which means that you should no longer be in that trade and you should without hesitation cut your losses instantly and WAIT sit back and reassess the situation (check higher TFs, previous highs and lows, how far has Mmath run, 2/8ths, 3/8ths, 5/8th, are we at overbought +1/8th +2/8ths or oversold -1/8th -2/8ths).

A 2nd red dot is great to a 1st Blue dot and a 2nd Blue dot is good to another blue dot or Arrow.
Until price has crossed the Trend line then consider the current trend to be still in play.
Again, this is why we WAIT for the cross. Keep it simple.
Xard777
xard sorry then I did not understand correctly but you just enter the shape of the buy or sell color candle, not at the end of time, for example 15 or 30?

Pikachu wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:05 pm

Mhhh I have been here in early february... I decide to make an account here to hopefully make some positive contribution.
So therefore I have been testing various version of xard's system in total of several months now.
I stumbled now over your post and I think I could say something here even when some members will not like it.

Sometimes rules are clear and you can go ahead but then you also hit some losses. I think we can admit that market condition change every time. And it is not like that market always adapt to our indicators/rules.

No offend and I do not want to sound rude now to xard777. I really appreciate that he is sharing his knowledge to us for FREE.
So ether we can test it out or leave if we don't like.
But not sure how we can reach 95%winrate (or nearly of that) with this system as claimed here:
viewtopic.php?p=1295410435#p1295410435
viewtopic.php?p=1295410433#p1295410433

I have test these systems and it is not like I test it for couple of minutes, delete it and make some negative comments here how bad it is (kindly check my previous post on my profile).
In fact I spent many days from morning into the night (only possible because of corona lockdown), watching it in live mode and testing it several hours also with the strategy tester. And yes, since testing these versions I spent my time also to read the most posts from other members here to learn from them and I am at least glad for their contribution and happy if it is working for them.

Ether xard777 is doing it different and I missed something really important to look at these systems or I am just stupid...or maybe both :think:

Anyway thanks for the great experience here.
Ok guys ....
I have long had thoughts in my head that I will now express, but somehow there was no reason. But after reading this message, I decided to speak up. So ....
The first thought - in principle, the grail does not exist, its rather God's business and similar things are not available to mere mortals. Now seriously ...
Do you know what this thread reminds me of? It reminds me of a huge train in which there are a hundred wagons and passengers are sitting in each. Xard in this train and a permanent driver and locomotive all rolled into one. And everyone else is stupidly sitting on their asses and just going. And at the same time, they still have the audacity to complain that they are shaking, they are being taken poorly, they are not comfortable, etc. ... And every day there are more and more of these passengers. There is no sense from everyone. Ask yourself what you personally gave to Xard? The answer is obvious - nothing, but at the same time everyone eagerly takes everything that Xard puts out, whether indicators, templates, it doesn't matter what exactly ... At the same time they require to explain them the rules of how to trade, what to do ... At the same time, the level of knowledge of most passengers in the technical aspects of trading - like children. 60% of posts in the thread are the same stupid questions in a circle.
At the same time, quite interesting pictures with templates sometimes slip, but as I noticed, by the request of the other passengers to share it, these people pretend that they are deaf or blind. Someone has some interesting indicators, but also few people share them. Most like moles stupidly sit in their holes. What kind of community are we talking about ?? It more closely resembles the theater of one actor, the rest are spectators, and half are not satisfied with the work of the actor. And you yourself try to create at least one worthwhile template ... Pick up the indicators bit by bit, adjust their parameters, if you don’t find something you need, write yourself using Metaeditor. Then maybe each of you will understand what kind of work it is. To make something worthwhile is needed not days and months, but years of work. Daily thinking about it, reflection, observation, testing, trials and errors. And 90% of thoughts and ideas are marked as worthless, and everything starts anew. This is an exemplary of working process. And you behave like an ungrateful mass of people.
At the moment, I am finishing my work on my next template. And in the process of work, I very often turned to Xard for help, due to the fact that I lack knowledge in MQL4. And Xard responds and helps me as far as possible. And of course, that he will be the first person who will personally receive this template at his disposal. I don’t think that he will find there a lot of new things for himself, but maybe he will have some new thoughts and ideas that he will realize in his future setups, at least I hope so.
I remember once upon a time I saw a detective film about the abduction of the Stradivarius violin. And in the process of developing the main plot, there is always a reference to the history, where scenes are shown, as Stradivari was once a student of Amati. And Amatti said that the sound of a violin very much depends on the varnish with which its coated. And in the process of training, he forced the student to cook the varnish, and the student had to choose all the components for the varnish himself. And each time the teacher said that the student cooked shit but not the varnish. It took years until one day Amati looked at the cooked varnish and said ... you still couldn’t make Amati varnish, but you cooked the Stradivari varnish, and it is better than my varnish. All of you should to do - cooking your own varnish (your own patterns and indicators), and not sit on your asses with your mouths open and wait for something to be put there, and then complain that what put there to you is not tasty enough . Then you will become professionals and stop asking stupid questions.
These are my thoughts ... If you want, take offense, but such is my vision of what is happening ...
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 8):
oskar656, aaven, RZAMK, rudiarius, Skyold, Mundu19, jgxpro, Erebøs_X

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:21 am

Ok guys ....
I have long had thoughts in my head that I will now express, but somehow there was no reason. But after reading this message, I decided to speak up. So ....
The first thought - in principle, the grail does not exist, its rather God's business and similar things are not available to mere mortals. Now seriously ...
Do you know what this thread reminds me of? It reminds me of a huge train in which there are a hundred wagons and passengers are sitting in each. Xard in this train and a permanent driver and locomotive all rolled into one. And everyone else is stupidly sitting on their asses and just going. And at the same time, they still have the audacity to complain that they are shaking, they are being taken poorly, they are not comfortable, etc. ... And every day there are more and more of these passengers. There is no sense from everyone. Ask yourself what you personally gave to Xard? The answer is obvious - nothing, but at the same time everyone eagerly takes everything that Xard puts out, whether indicators, templates, it doesn't matter what exactly ... At the same time they require to explain them the rules of how to trade, what to do ... At the same time, the level of knowledge of most passengers in the technical aspects of trading - like children. 60% of posts in the thread are the same stupid questions in a circle.
At the same time, quite interesting pictures with templates sometimes slip, but as I noticed, by the request of the other passengers to share it, these people pretend that they are deaf or blind. Someone has some interesting indicators, but also few people share them. Most like moles stupidly sit in their holes. What kind of community are we talking about ?? It more closely resembles the theater of one actor, the rest are spectators, and half are not satisfied with the work of the actor. And you yourself try to create at least one worthwhile template ... Pick up the indicators bit by bit, adjust their parameters, if you don’t find something you need, write yourself using Metaeditor. Then maybe each of you will understand what kind of work it is. To make something worthwhile is needed not days and months, but years of work. Daily thinking about it, reflection, observation, testing, trials and errors. And 90% of thoughts and ideas are marked as worthless, and everything starts anew. This is an exemplary of working process. And you behave like an ungrateful mass of people.
At the moment, I am finishing my work on my next template. And in the process of work, I very often turned to Xard for help, due to the fact that I lack knowledge in MQL4. And Xard responds and helps me as far as possible. And of course, that he will be the first person who will personally receive this template at his disposal. I don’t think that he will find there a lot of new things for himself, but maybe he will have some new thoughts and ideas that he will realize in his future setups, at least I hope so.
I remember once upon a time I saw a detective film about the abduction of the Stradivarius violin. And in the process of developing the main plot, there is always a reference to the history, where scenes are shown, as Stradivari was once a student of Amati. And Amatti said that the sound of a violin very much depends on the varnish with which its coated. And in the process of training, he forced the student to cook the varnish, and the student had to choose all the components for the varnish himself. And each time the teacher said that the student cooked shit but not the varnish. It took years until one day Amati looked at the cooked varnish and said ... you still couldn’t make Amati varnish, but you cooked the Stradivari varnish, and it is better than my varnish. All of you should to do - cooking your own varnish (your own patterns and indicators), and not sit on your asses with your mouths open and wait for something to be put there, and then complain that what put there to you is not tasty enough . Then you will become professionals and stop asking stupid questions.
These are my thoughts ... If you want, take offense, but such is my vision of what is happening ...
I want to clarify I do not take it with xard I have been following it for over 10 years ,, I take it with myself I am wrong positions are always late

The best trades are at the cross of the Trend line if you are in a SELL on a Pink Candle then instead of a stop loss just bail if a Blue Candle appears. If you're in a BUY on a Blue Candle again bail if a Pink Candle appears.

Xard777
In this case that would be a big ouch for me even when this example is rare: Another options you have mentioned is trading after the cross until a red or blue dot.
But I notice from backtesting that red or blue dot can almost appear at the candle right after the cross.
So what to do then??? Options:
1. Trade further and hope it repaints more or
2. this could be the endpoint of the repainting and do nothing

Both of these options are not really a "confident trade".

Edit:
Here another fresh example to understand my problem:

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:21 am

Ok guys ....

No offense at all. I have read it fully and I fully agree with you.
As I said I must be dumb and doing something wrong because if its working for xard777 and others then I am glad.
It was not my intention to bash someone here badly.

Now I would be very happy if we can move on...

Pikachu wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:31 am

do you know you can turn off all the dots if you dont like them. majority of the time these dots move and its frustrating but they ar major part of the system of you don't use the second do or you don't want any support and resistance i think you should remove without complaining. as xard says use what you like and throw out anything you don't like.

if you look now the reaction of the blue square even though it moved from earlier point you don't wanna lose 100pip$$
Attachments