ChartExcel Live Trading Data

Excel Live Trading Data from MT4

Hey everyone!

Been looking for a way to contribute to this wonderful site, but since I don't make indicators I thought I could add in another way. I've been working on a large project recently that I decided to take this from it and share with you. Its an overview of the Major/Minor market pairs so you can see pricing, spread, and current price distance from high to low. Possibilities are limitless. This was a tool I always wanted when I first started trading but could never find so I hope this is helpful for you, especially new traders.

Note that this excel sheet has NO VBA. All cells are unlocked so you can modify, expand, make it your own.

Be sure to enable DDE server in MT4 under options. Also, open MT4 first before you open the excel sheet. See below for help guide.
--- --- ---
Help Guide:

Open MT4 and open options (ctrl O)
Click OK
Click Continue
Click Options at the bottom
Click Trust Center
Click appropriate boxes
These users thanked the author Lumios for the post (total 10):
thiru, Jimmy, moey_dw, alexm, uncle wong, GelindoP, Jedidiah, ParallelNative, faulknertrader1, mr12323

Re: Excel Live Trading Data

Lumios wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:30 am Hey everyone!

Been looking for a way to contribute to this wonderful site, but since I don't make indicators I thought I could add in another way. I've been working on a large project recently that I decided to take this from it and share with you. Its an overview of the Major/Minor market pairs so you can see pricing, spread, and current price distance from high to low. Possibilities are limitless. This was a tool I always wanted when I first started trading but could never find so I hope this is helpful for you, especially new traders.
Hi Lumios
This is excellent work and thank you very much for making this public. Something that I always wanted, so another thanks. :clap:
It worked seamlessly.

If you have plans to add something more, these are my request for version 2.0;

1. PIP value based on the account currency. (one lot of base currency, what's the pip value)
2. once you enter the margin requirement (say 1% or 2% or 5%) , can you also calculate the margin requirement for 1 lot? (or part of, say 0.1)?

Another technical question, if I run two brokers (two MT4 terminals).. how to get the excel to connect to my prefered DDE server?
in another context, run two excel sheets at the same time for comparison.

Cheers
thiru

LikeRe: Excel Live Trading Data

Exceptional post my friend. We love this. Stickied this thread! :clap:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Lumios
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

thiru wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:01 am

Hi Lumios
This is excellent work and thank you very much for making this public. Something that I always wanted, so another thanks. :clap:
It worked seamlessly.

If you have plans to add something more, these are my request for version 2.0;

1. PIP value based on the account currency. (one lot of base currency, what's the pip value)
2. once you enter the margin requirement (say 1% or 2% or 5%) , can you also calculate the margin requirement for 1 lot? (or part of, say 0.1)?

Another technical question, if I run two brokers (two MT4 terminals).. how to get the excel to connect to my prefered DDE server?
in another context, run two excel sheets at the same time for comparison.

Cheers
thiru
Thiru,

Actually have both pip and margin calculator in the "larger project" haha. Ill work on an update and repost soon.

Honestly not sure about that one, that would be on the backend communication between MT4 and Excel. A possible workaround could be to do a data export on both terminals with a script (a pair specifications script), then connect them to a spreadsheet via a CSV import. It would be static data, but you could at least compare. An automated EA that exports both information at set intervals could work too?

Lumios wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:07 pm Thiru,
Honestly not sure about that one, that would be on the backend communication between MT4 and Excel. A possible workaround could be to do a data export on both terminals with a script (a pair specifications script), then connect them to a spreadsheet via a CSV import. It would be static data, but you could at least compare. An automated EA that exports both information at set intervals could work too?
Thanks Lumios, really looking forward to the updated version. :D

If we cant programmatically decide which MT4 to use, then something that comes to my mind is to use multiple VirtualBox VM's in seamless mode.
Since the objective is just for comparison, then run a VM with MT4 and Excel. Then by running the VM in the seamless mode we can compare them side by side. Just an idea. Will try to read more on DDE.

thiru wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:40 pm

Thanks Lumios, really looking forward to the updated version. :D

If we cant programmatically decide which MT4 to use, then something that comes to my mind is to use multiple VirtualBox VM's in seamless mode.
Since the objective is just for comparison, then run a VM with MT4 and Excel. Then by running the VM in the seamless mode we can compare them side by side. Just an idea. Will try to read more on DDE.
Second tab is the calculator. Make sure to type in your brokers margin requirements on the first tab, data provided was just for testing purposes. Let me know if errors.

Lumios wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:14 am Fixed an error and a typo.
thiru wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:49 pm I made some changes to the file and will post it.
Super! Thanks Lumios :clap:

Looking forward to the changes Thiru! Can you post them bro?
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance