Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

genealno wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:03 pm I don't fully understand the value add of these Square Arrows. From my understanding of the thread, Xard suggests paying attention most to these square arrows when taking trades in certain directions. So if a blue square arrow appears, time to look for long opportunities, if red square arrow appears, time to short.

But as you can see in the trade I just took, these arrows repaint, and the red square was previously located on the previous local high, until the high was broken and the square arrow is now being shown on the current highest candle. If I were to take that square arrow as a signal not to trade, even though the rest of the indicators say go, I would not have made this long.

Am I missing something on how to properly use these?
Square its a alert to put atention trend can reverse, but is it not the entry point, wait conditions meet, Look at picture attached.
Attachments

Skyold wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:53 pm a please to everyone who knows about METAEDITOR.
Since my screen is not very big, I have to drag the chart to the left so that I can see the labels from ADR.
How can I drag labels to the left? (I mean shift left in mq4 code)
Can someone please show that?

Thank you and best regards

!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-ADR D1.mq4

Screenshot (6)_LI.jpg
Khm, it's not rocket science, and I myself very rarely looked at mq4 code:) But now you have to, because this is pretty much a problem you can do efficiently only for yourself.
If you use your common sense, everywhere a text is written there are the quite telling variable names considering location: 'gap', and 'mgap', we search for their initialization. So:
1. Choose !!! ****** ADR D1 indicator in Navigator window
2. Press Enter.
3. search for: string gap=" ",mgap=" "; There are MANY SPACES between the " " symbols, but the forum engine compresses it!
4. you might have to decrease both (simply delete some spaces), but you have to experiment with these (actually original values: 42, and 15 spaces)
5. Save modified version!
5. In MT4 press Ctrl+I
6. Choose ADR D1 indi -> Delete
7. Restart MT4
8. Apply ADR D1 indi again.
That's all.
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post (total 3):
Skyold, stond, Mundu19

stond wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:52 am

Write here, maybe someone will help you viewtopic.php?f=579496&t=8472909
Thank you stond

After the whole thing is a piece of cake for the people who are familiar with coding, I wanted to do it myself this time.
'If no one helps you just have to do it yourself'

if someone also wants to adjust their chart, see screenshot.
the number is '0'
just change the number.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 3):
stond, fadhayemustafa, Mundu19
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

jgxpro wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:46 am
Khm, it's not rocket science, and I myself very rarely looked at mq4 code:) But now you have to, because this is pretty much a problem you can do efficiently only for yourself.
If you use your common sense, everywhere a text is written there are the quite telling variable names considering location: 'gap', and 'mgap', we search for their initialization. So:
1. Choose !!! ****** ADR D1 indicator in Navigator window
2. Press Enter.
3. search for: string gap=" ",mgap=" "; There are MANY SPACES between the " " symbols, but the forum engine compresses it!
4. you might have to decrease both (simply delete some spaces), but you have to experiment with these (actually original values: 42, and 15 spaces)
5. Save modified version!
5. In MT4 press Ctrl+I
6. Choose ADR D1 indi -> Delete
7. Restart MT4
8. Apply ADR D1 indi again.
That's all.
thank you jgxpro,
I found out for myself. it is not rocket science ;)
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
stond
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Skyold wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:53 pm a please to everyone who knows about METAEDITOR.
Since my screen is not very big, I have to drag the chart to the left so that I can see the labels from ADR.
How can I drag labels to the left? (I mean shift left in mq4 code)
Can someone please show that?

Thank you and best regards

!!!-MT4 X-XARDFX-ADR D1.mq4

Screenshot (6)_LI.jpg
try this and play with parameters of "Textposition"
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 5):
Skyold, stond, fadhayemustafa, Mundu19, tokjanggut
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

MagnifyRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:07 pm Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you are all making tons of Pip$ as this is the time to do it.
We are going to see and hopefully be part of some mega roller coaster rides over the next two years - make sure you take advantage of what's to come.

Over the years I have given you tools to create your own setups to your own trading style.

I too have created my own setup tailored to my own trading and today I would like to give you one last tool.

It is the ADR D1 indy - this one stays put on the chart and no refresh indy is required - kinda just does what it says on the can :-)
All the best and I hope everyone makes (at least) a boatload of Pip$.
Xard777

PS The enclosed screenshot is my own setup - do not ask for it - just showing the ADR D1 indy in action.
PPS As you can see, I am back to trading both WS30 & HK50 on 4hr & 15min TFs (each to their own).
Xard,

Thank you for posting screenshots of your current setup. I have tried to almost copy your chart and was able to catch a huge move on SPX500. I generally don't trade after 12 PM EST. But with your new chart set up, I was unable to resist myself. I am attaching the screenshot just for reference. Thank you again for helping all of us here.

XARD: My Trend line on the 15 min is the T1MA set to 44 SMA PRICE_MEDIAN
With the ADR D1 indy watch for price reversing off either the BUY or SELL line like it did this morning.
When it fails to break through it tends to give a nice trading opportunity in the opposite direction.
Attachments
These users thanked the author aviator4200 for the post (total 2):
xard777, Erebøs_X