Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

RplusT wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:04 pm mrtools,

please, can you add "automatic next higher TF" to this indicator. It doesn't really serve the purpose of an MTF Indicator if one got to change the MTF settings every time when using a different current TF. I see it's hasn't got Enum TF's but I guess it's no problem to change that.
It's a very precise indicator for both, range and trend. I've been using it for a while and want to continue to use it. But I'd also like to switch to others TF to see what's the situation there. Thank you!

WPR averages OnChart smooth arrows alerts.ex4
Try this one.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
RplusT, Skyold, Jimmy, Kiwi, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:38 am

Try this one.
Dear mrtools... I am looking for an indicator that filters the durations when the market is moving sideway.... could you please make an indicator that draws a box which extends from the current candle to the next if the length of the new candle is less than X% of the length of the current candle?... this X is an input to the indicator by the user.....

Example..... X is specified as 150%.... then the next candle’s length is 110% a box will start to draw, then the following is 90% of the length, then the box will extend and so on till a candle comes with a length of say 180% (this becomes a breakout candle) , the box will stop drawing marking end of sideway move...

A possible option for the user could be a selection input which allows the user to select between both options below:

1- compare the length of the current candle to the length of the first candle of the box (becomes a reference candle to the whole sideway move)
2- compare the length of the current candle to the previous candle (the one immediately before the current candle).

These comparison option are used to calculate the length percentage to compare it to X% and decide whether to extend the sideway box or a breakout had just occurred.

I really hope it is an easy indicator to make so it would help filtering durations when market is moving sideway.... thanks a lot :hug:

hasan.tahir wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 2:06 am Dear Coders,

Please assist in converting attached indicator into MTF. Thanks for all your help
Post moved to more appropriate section.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance