Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

stond wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Hi RplusT,
Can you include indicators and a template? Looks very good. I know these indicators. I don't know what their names are.

stond
Well, nothing special. I just used a MA ribbon which I have adjusted for MTF. I use settings 24/2/High and 24/2/Low . No shift. For "TimeFrame write -1 (minus 1) and it will automatically show the next higher TF to the current. TF. If you write -2 it will show 2TFs higher.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
stond, pipalong

Pikachu wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 pm

I am using the template that xard777 has provided. Did you tried to manually load the template without to use xards profile?. I load only indicators and template to my folder.

After download and loading the template everything is there.
Hi XARD, I did download the indi (HMA Trend from your recommened website) as mentioned in several post but it did not work out. I had tried your profile and did not work as well. I had also reboote the mt4 after loading all the necessary files expecially the profiles folder.

taipan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:33 pm

Hi XARD, I did download the indi (HMA Trend from your recommened website) as mentioned in several post but it did not work out. I had tried your profile and did not work as well. I had also reboote the mt4 after loading all the necessary files expecially the profiles folder.
Try this (my personal template "lite version") Its weird because I have install today in the morning my laptop completely new. Loading all the necessary files from xard777 it has been working for me.
Btw did you check "allow dll imports" in the settings? Otherwise I am clueless.
These users thanked the author Pikachu for the post (total 2):
stond, taipan

josi wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 pm
I don't see the HMAtrend as very reliable. It's a reflection of HMA12 and HMA55 signalling (if you don't change input) when HMA55 directional changes happen - MrTools could and does produce as good and better signals every day (and if you use MTF you have directional bias + entry/exit without the repainting).
If you look at his DSL Ocn Nxc you can see how perfect the change in slope colour gives you entries (buy if above signal line; sell if below signal line) + MTF for directional bias.
And not only for this indicator (which uses standard input in Xard's setup, by the way): he does it all the time:
viewtopic.php?p=1295410632#p1295410632
Oh, you missed the word: subsequently. I practiced Elliott Wave based trading, as it gives better context for market situation than anything I've ever seen. I just copied my trades to Xard's templated MT4 and noticed these coincidences :)
I adjusted HMA for the advised 10 and 35 (if I recall well), but I'm not a big indicator guru, all of them still lag pretty much, I like clean charts, but I like experimenting. I examine your links, too, thanks for posting (e.g. never heard of Ehler :D )
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post:
josi