Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Cladi39 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:12 am

Spike it is just an other confirmation not necesary at all. You can turn it not repaint in the setup of the indicator and will not repaint after 3 candles.
Mhh its always after 3candles? I never turned this function on, read somewhere from mladen that it would repaint more heavily so I never touched it. In case of your strategy this could help so far to detect clearer small trends. :think:

Sappyjay wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:31 pm

Trading US30 only.
Hi, I traded the German index (pretty strong correlation with US30) today. Here are my 4 trades (the 4th is still in progress):
1. I waited the opening phase and realized yesterday was too steep, too much, so following the guidance of massive opening candle I decided to play short. As the reversal (up) was pretty much 61,8% of 1st wave down I suspected a nice Elliott Wave might be formed.
2. I wasn't sure about the strength so I decided to close at around Fibonacci-extension's 100%.
3. I monitored the market which showed further momentum, I reentered short at the fallen support of the range
4. Exited too fast (the last wave could go on further) for a small winner as we reached Fibonacci-extension's 161.8%.
5. Tried to make a deal on reversal: long, but I was too fast, this was a small looser.
6. (reentered much later for 4th trade buy again, which is well in profit by now, twice as much as the pic shows :)))
I drew the same transactions on Xard's template subsequently. As it seems I entered in great harmony with HMA Trend indicator... except for the looser :D
These users thanked the author jgxpro for the post (total 2):
stond, Sappyjay

Cladi39 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:07 am

Support and ressistances. Get it.
Use it too. For people who need mq4 file for SupDem viewtopic.php?p=1295370203#p1295370203

and one other alternative. Fine S/R indies.
These users thanked the author marwilli for the post (total 2):
pipalong, stond
we can't change the wind, but we can set the sails differently

Good day everyone, this is my first post. In the XARD setup that I'm using, there's a thin MA that follows the candles closely like a current trend. Its color is either blue or red. Is it possible to create an EA that will open buy/sell trades based on its color. Working full-time, I miss some of the big moves when I'm not at the screen. I don't think the proper term is a robot but that color change seems to work really well on the GJ on 5min candles. Hope I did this first post the right way.
Attachments

braciola719 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:56 am usa today was difficult
Yes after yesterdays massive gains I assumed a small sell off would happen but it was underspent.
I have reverted back to using ADX SAR to confirm a good trend on all timeframes to try help me trade the right security.
Let's hope tomorrow is better! :Fire:
These users thanked the author Sappyjay for the post:
pipalong
May the Pip$ be with you always....

Sappyjay wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:13 pm

Before i posted on this thread i read everything from post #1 to understand the topic, have you honestly done that? If you have and you still can't work it out then i suggest you spend more time in learning to trade first then look for setups.
Sorry, my own question was on the buy and sell scripts in the May 18 system, not the signals.
XARD, could you please explain how to use the scripts you added?