Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Sappyjay wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:31 pm
Cladi39 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 pm

Hello and good day, dont know how is your method but this is very clear for me.
Trading US30 only.
Hi, I traded the German index (pretty strong correlation with US30) today. Here are my 4 trades (the 4th is still in progress):
1. I waited the opening phase and realized yesterday was too steep, too much, so following the guidance of massive opening candle I decided to play short. As the reversal (up) was pretty much 61,8% of 1st wave down I suspected a nice Elliott Wave might be formed.
2. I wasn't sure about the strength so I decided to close at around Fibonacci-extension's 100%.
3. I monitored the market which showed further momentum, I reentered short at the fallen support of the range
4. Exited too fast (the last wave could go on further) for a small winner as we reached Fibonacci-extension's 161.8%.
5. Tried to make a deal on reversal: long, but I was too fast, this was a small looser.
6. (reentered much later for 4th trade buy again, which is well in profit by now, twice as much as the pic shows :)))
I drew the same transactions on Xard's template subsequently. As it seems I entered in great harmony with HMA Trend indicator... except for the looser :D
Jegyzet 2020-05-19 180045.png
Jegyzet 2020-05-19 180318.png

Good day everyone, this is my first post. In the XARD setup that I'm using, there's a thin MA that follows the candles closely like a current trend. Its color is either blue or red. Is it possible to create an EA that will open buy/sell trades based on its color. Working full-time, I miss some of the big moves when I'm not at the screen. I don't think the proper term is a robot but that color change seems to work really well on the GJ on 5min candles. Hope I did this first post the right way.
Example1.jpg

braciola719 wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:56 am
usa today was difficult
Yes after yesterdays massive gains I assumed a small sell off would happen but it was underspent.
I have reverted back to using ADX SAR to confirm a good trend on all timeframes to try help me trade the right security.
Let's hope tomorrow is better! :Fire:
May the Pip$ be with you always....

Sappyjay wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 5:13 pm
imanu01 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 9:53 am

Please could you show the link?

I have read the previous ones. must have missed it
Before i posted on this thread i read everything from post #1 to understand the topic, have you honestly done that? If you have and you still can't work it out then i suggest you spend more time in learning to trade first then look for setups.
Sorry, my own question was on the buy and sell scripts in the May 18 system, not the signals.
XARD, could you please explain how to use the scripts you added?

jgxpro wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 2:16 am
Sappyjay wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:31 pm
Hi, I traded the German index (pretty strong correlation with US30) today.
I don't see the HMAtrend as very reliable. It's a reflection of HMA12 and HMA55 signalling (if you don't change input) when HMA55 directional changes happen - MrTools could and does produce as good and better signals every day (and if you use MTF you have directional bias + entry/exit without the repainting).
If you look at his DSL Ocn Nxc you can see how perfect the change in slope colour gives you entries (buy if above signal line; sell if below signal line) + MTF for directional bias.
And not only for this indicator (which uses standard input in Xard's setup, by the way): he does it all the time:
viewtopic.php?p=1295410632#p1295410632
GE30H1.png

xard777 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 6:58 am
Update on MONSTERg

Placed HMA1 line into MA code so now the candles work with HMA1 line and Trend Lines - still testing.
I simplified the ZigZag2 line so now it only draws off the Small Blue Dots.
Xard777
Actually having the high/low band as an MTF (red) i.e showing the higher TF on the lower TF like 5m on 1m or 15m on 5m......... serves the trading very well.

TMA mtf.JPG

1. Similar Topics

1. 176 Replies
    2. Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

323 Replies 38277 Views

by ImpLaNT, Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm in Trading Journals

323 Replies

Return to “Trading Systems”