Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

cinare wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:17 pm
No, please do give advice! Very appreciated :D ;) I think I am using these indicators differently than most. I only act on buy signals on M5 f.e. if the trend is buy on H4. However, it is still to early to tell what works best for me. The last couple of days, H4 worked best. Maybe because the basetrend on H4 stays the same longer. I get less confused and have to check less. I'm very new to forex trading, so still got a long way to go. But with H4 as my basetrend, I haven't lost a trade in a couple of days, so will be testing further. At the moment I am testing D1 on H1 and H4. Haven't lost a trade there either. I am trading with all majors and most jpy/eur crosses.
May I ask what TF you use on what charts? Then I will test some more ;) :thumbup:
Mostly I use H4 as reference and H1 as trading TF; sometimes H4 as trading TF and D1 as reference.
I can see why you use a TF that is further away - because swings are longer (and you can think about riding them longer).
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
cinare

josi wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:42 pm
Mostly I use H4 as reference and H1 as trading TF; sometimes H4 as trading TF and D1 as reference.
I can see why you use a TF that is further away - because swings are longer (and you can think about riding them longer).
Exactly! I know I am explaining it in weird words, but you got the picture. But I have a lot more of experimenting ahead before I even consider going live. Thanks for all your help! I will try M5 on H1 again, but for now I'm happy with H1 and H4 with D1 as reference. I have more time to think and see what is happening ;)

May I PM you on some advice regarding the use of trailing stops so I can ride the waves longer? Right now I have fixed sl and tp, but would like to automatically adjust if possible...

cinare wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:52 pm
Exactly! I know I am explaining it in weird words, but you got the picture. But I have a lot more of experimenting ahead before I even consider going live. Thanks for all your help! I will try M5 on H1 again, but for now I'm happy with H1 and H4 with D1 as reference. I have more time to think and see what is happening ;)
May I PM you on some advice regarding the use of trailing stops so I can ride the waves longer? Right now I have fixed sl and tp, but would like to automatically adjust if possible...
Sorry, my PM is deactivated due to TROLLING activities.
Besides - you may find that out soon enough - exits are much more diffiult than entries.
My trailing expertise is nothing to write home about - I'm sure you'll do much better on your own.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
cinare

josi wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:04 am
Sorry, my PM is deactivated due to TROLLING activities.
Besides - you may find that out soon enough - exits are much more diffiult than entries.
My trailing expertise is nothing to write home about - I'm sure you'll do much better on your own.
Trolling, bleh, sorry to hear..

But thanks anyway. After I testing this for a couple of more days, I will dive into trailing and see how that works out. Thanks anyway :D :thumbup:

Hi Mladen, Mr. Tools and Coders Respectively,

I would like to know if there is an Multi-period RSI that can give an Alert when RSI's are above/below each other. The indicator would load 4 RSI's with 4 separate periods and when they all go above/below the larger period, an mobile alert would be given.

For example, let's say RSI 5 is 70, RSI 13 is 55, RSI 22 is 48 and RSI 34 is 33. This would signify a buy signal/alert. And vice versa for a sale if the smaller period RSIs were lower than the larger one (ex. RSI 5 is 27, RSI 13 is 33, RSI 22 is 38 and RSI 34 is 44).

Thank you Master Coder's in advance for you response and wishing everyone successful pips!!!!!
Attachments

naluvs01 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:33 am Hi Mladen, Mr. Tools and Coders Respectively,

I would like to know if there is an Multi-period RSI that can give an Alert when RSI's are above/below each other. The indicator would load 4 RSI's with 4 separate periods and when they all go above/below the larger period, an mobile alert would be given.

For example, let's say RSI 5 is 70, RSI 13 is 55, RSI 22 is 48 and RSI 34 is 33. This would signify a buy signal/alert. And vice versa for a sale if the smaller period RSIs were lower than the larger one (ex. RSI 5 is 27, RSI 13 is 33, RSI 22 is 38 and RSI 34 is 44).

Thank you Master Coder's in advance for you response and wishing everyone successful pips!!!!!
These users thanked the author Deez for the post:
naluvs01

pipsquirrel wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:35 am hi mrtools
kindly can you favor for 2 additions in your gem code
vlines where color change
dsl, discontinued sig line in place volatility bands
greetings
Couldn't find the source, will add the vlines later but try this version with discontinued signal lines.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
Steam1, camisa, pipsquirrel, Jimmy, alexm, pilot, Jedidiah