Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

TEAMTRADER wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:19 am
I was checking the indicator and it missed an up arrow. I refreshed the indi and the arrow appeared.
Is this a fault in the original code? If so it is a pity as the arrows are in the right position for my trading eye!
Thanks if you can look at it.
TEAMTRADER
Found a error in the mtf calculation try this one. Not sure if it will help the problem.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
pipsquirrel

rotembar_ wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:23 pm
Hey mrtools, is it's possible to add the source code?
I want also to code angle of more complicated moving average style indicators that you've coded before (Holt, AllAverages)
thanks (I can also post the code while I'm done)
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
ChuChu Rocket
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

cinare wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:10 pm
Wanted to thank you again! Have been testing ZLHull histo and alerts + arrows agains 4TF Hull. Decided to go with ZLhull, so I am also able to put H4 on M5. I have found my HG indicator. Thank you for your awesome ZLHull indicators! :hug: :lol: :thumbup:
I'm sure you don't want my advice after all the work you put in:
but to my mind H4 is too far away for M5 - I'd always use H1 for M5 - but you're your own boss and results are the only criterion admissible (I'm sure you backtested both versions).
all the best
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
cinare

josi wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:48 pm
I'm sure you don't want my advice after all the work you put in:
but to my mind H4 is too far away for M5 - I'd always use H1 for M5 - but you're your own boss and results are the only criterion admissible (I'm sure you backtested both versions).
all the best
Hi Josi,

No, please do give advice! Very appreciated :D ;) I think I am using these indicators differently than most. I only act on buy signals on M5 f.e. if the trend is buy on H4. However, it is still to early to tell what works best for me. The last couple of days, H4 worked best. Maybe because the basetrend on H4 stays the same longer. I get less confused and have to check less. I'm very new to forex trading, so still got a long way to go. But with H4 as my basetrend, I haven't lost a trade in a couple of days, so will be testing further. At the moment I am testing D1 on H1 and H4. Haven't lost a trade there either. I am trading with all majors and most jpy/eur crosses.

May I ask what TF you use on what charts? Then I will test some more ;) :thumbup: