Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Cladi39 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:08 am Trade in course 18 pips. Im out when ZZ semaphor apears.
Just an observation, watch the semaphores, when the first appear they normally get pushed around a lot until they stick. I think you are cutting your profits short by closing out when the first appear. Its almost like a guarantee the market will go further when they first appear. Ive never seen a semaphore appear and instantly reverse unless it was a market spike, and you can see those happening. Just something to think about, just observe them when they appear, i think you will see the same. (the big ones, i dont worry about the small ones) Keep up the good trades.

pipalong wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:04 am

Just an observation, watch the semaphores, when the first appear they normally get pushed around a lot until they stick. I think you are cutting your profits short by closing out when the first appear. Its almost like a guarantee the market will go further when they first appear. Ive never seen a semaphore appear and instantly reverse unless it was a market spike, and you can see those happening. Just something to think about, just observe them when they appear, i think you will see the same. (the big ones, i dont worry about the small ones) Keep up the good trades.
For me zz semaphor is a signal the price can turn, soo if i have sufficient pips i get out , not all people have the same way of trade, other way can be trailling stop lost and see where the price go. Im little conservative. If you see the semaphor have doble signal ( big double color) when i cut the trade
I atached picture example time frame minute 1
Attachments
These users thanked the author Cladi39 for the post:
Sappyjay

pipalong wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:04 am

What do you think about both Semaphores and Spike are repainting?
Could they disappear with the price movement?
How reliable are they?

RZAMK wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:04 am What do you think about both Semaphores and Spike are repainting?
How reliable are they?
The semaphores are a leading indicator, meant to catch tops and bottoms, if price makes a new high, the semaphore will move to the new high.
When you see a new semaphore forms it should tell you a reversal is coming, but it could push that dot 100s more pips before it does.
Repainting indicators are fine if you know how to use them. This system has confirmation built in, when you see one form you have to wait for confirmation of the trend change before taking action. If you are already in a trade you need to start planning your exit. At least thats how i trade them. Rarely do they ever just print and reverse, your talking holy grail stuff there.

I dont really care for the spike indicator. With the semaphore at least i can see price pushing it around, but with the spike indicator if you refresh your screen or change time frames and go back and it just disappears, that could set you up for failure. Im still watching it just to see if i have a use for it.

RZAMK wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:04 am

What do you think about both Semaphores and Spike are repainting?
How reliable are they?
Semaphor and spyke are not confirmations to enter just put you in the way where the price maybe will go. and thats the idea beacouse dont exist a no repaint indicator that read the future, you must take the trade based in your knowledge, patterns, support and ressistencias, trend, and a lot of time in front of the screen. the indicators are actors in the big picture but will not show you the exact point to enter.
These users thanked the author Cladi39 for the post:
RZAMK

pipalong wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:47 am

The semaphores are a leading indicator, meant to catch tops and bottoms, if price makes a new high, the semaphore will move to the new high.
When you see a new semaphore forms it should tell you a reversal is coming, but it could push that dot 100s more pips before it does.
Repainting indicators are fine if you know how to use them. This system has confirmation built in, when you see one form you have to wait for confirmation of the trend change before taking action. If you are already in a trade you need to start planning your exit. At least thats how i trade them. Rarely do they ever just print and reverse, your talking holy grail stuff there.

I dont really care for the spike indicator. With the semaphore at least i can see price pushing it around, but with the spike indicator if you refresh your screen or change time frames and go back and it just disappears, that could set you up for failure. Im still watching it just to see if i have a use for it.
Thanks for your explanationS.
I will send you two photos from yesterday. I don't know exactly how Semaphores and Spike reacted to the specifics.
But I suggest that in such cases, pay more attention to these indicators, which are the killers of pips.

pipalong wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:47 am

Attachments

[quote=RZAMK post_id=1295409771 time=1588899455 user_id=4938663]

No, never.! A semaphore Indicator is a Zig zag.... It moves with the price and shows highs and lows. It is not a leading indicator and It is not meant to "catch tops and bottoms". Using it as MTF is convenient, because I can see highs and lows of higher TF's on lower TF charts. But that's about all.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 3):
vvFish, stond, RZAMK