PURE ALPHA QUANTITATIVE TRADING SYSTEM

Hello Guys

MVP here and am glad to be here to share my experiences with those who may also want to have a divergent approach in the area of quantitative trading. As many of you might already know it is the most underutilized trading approach yet most efficient. I won't go far to prove my point in terms of the consistency of quantitative trading if you do the right things. Jim Simon as many of you know is a mathematician and a quant for that matter. He is the only know trader in history to show consistent gross gains averaging 66% per annum for over 30 years with his Medallion fund realizing over $104 billion in the trading duration. He produced insane alpha year in year out.

Now back to why am here.

1. I would like to share some inputs into the area of Quantitative Finance, Python coding, backtesting, and optimization of strategies.

2. I will share some of my trade calls live with those who may be interested to give a general scope once admin gives the green light for this if not it all good, a piece of general trading advice will be given on specific trades.

3. To motivate more traders to pursue algorithmic trading as the surest way to beating the financial markets.
The assets class to be traded are forex, commodities, indices, energies

I trust to have an amazing experience with you brothers.
I will keep posting in this thread to share some of my quantitative trading strategies with you.

Thank You
These users thanked the author MvPthequant for the post (total 7):
Kiwi, Narkarn, moey_dw, ChuChu Rocket, charli, paroucia, Skyold

Re: PURE ALPHA QUANTITATIVE TRADING SYSTEM

hmm................... welcome here & subbed to this thread & hoping for nice posts op..................... i see mods have edit and make ur first post more spaced & neater.................. thx team its now easier 2 read lol :wave:
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
MvPthequant
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:39 pm

Welcome to the group!

I see your indicator of choice is the ATR. Will you be explaining how you use the ATR for trading on this topic? :)
ATR is the only reliable indicator I use for setting my stop loss and take profit targets i.e. 5* ATR (20period) for SL and 10* ATR (20period) for TP on an obvious 1:2 RR. Trade management as in potential exits also part of the system. Besides.... everything we use I use is self-coded or customed to the Quantitative Strategy which is a predictive model of net short/buyers with a combination of momentum and reversals. Once a trade is shared more analysis will be done on my Quantitative workspace.

Thanks for the welcome
These users thanked the author MvPthequant for the post (total 3):
paroucia, Skyold, ChuChu Rocket

MvPthequant wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:46 pm ATR is the only reliable indicator I use for setting my stop loss and take profit targets i.e. 5* ATR (20period) for SL and 10* ATR (20period) for TP on an obvious 1:2 RR. Trade management as in potential exits also part of the system. Besides.... everything we use I use is self-coded or customed to the Quantitative Strategy which is a predictive model of net short/buyers with a combination of momentum and reversals. Once a trade is shared more analysis will be done on my Quantitative workspace.

Thanks for the welcome
Great insight and explanation. Thank you! :)
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

PURE ALPHA QUANTITATIVE SIGNAL (06/05/2020)
b]GBPNOK SELL @ 12.70154
TP: 11.9904 SL: 13.0684
4 HOURLY TIME FRAME[/b]

OUR QUANT STRATEGY NUMBERS.....TRADE LOGIC
OUR TRADING APPROACH IS SOLELY BASED ON A QUANTITATIVE TRADING APPROACH. WE USE A COMBINATION OF MOMENTUM AND REVERSAL AS PART OF OUR GENERAL STRATEGY IN QUANTITATIVE FINANCE TO PREDICT NET SELLERS AND BUYERS IN THE FINANCIAL MARKET. WE HAVE TAKING A SELL ON GBPNOK ON THE H4 TIMEFRAME AS IT HAS AN ACCUMULATION OF 5 ALL WITHIN OUR QUANTITATIVE POWER REVERSAL CUMULATIVE VALUE OF 925.
IT IS QUITE DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN ON THIS PLATFORM AS ITS RESTRICTED TO TECHNICAL TOOLS AND NOT A QUANTITATIVE PLATFORM.
OUR TARGET IS 1:2RR AND WE HOPE IT WILL BE A MASSIVE DOWN TREND TO OUR TP AS HIGHLIGHTED ON THE CHART.
WE RISKED ONE PERCENT ON THE TRADE LIVE... BUT JUST TO PAPER TRADE HERE ON THE SAME PARAMETERS JUST FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSED.

THE IMAGE WILL BE ATTACHED LATER.
These users thanked the author MvPthequant for the post (total 2):
charli, phnthnhnm