Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

josi wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:48 pm
Maybe to ride a trend you don't need more than this (I would argue: even less):
Thanks for the care, Josi. Naturally, I know these methods for determining the trend by a higher TF (by the way, the picture shows far from the most effective ones). But the fact is that I always strove to create a swing-cycle trading system. I am not interested in joining a trend, as a rule, by the time the trend becomes obvious, which means it is almost complete. I am interested in the method of finding the reversal points of a trend and enter the trend at the very beginning and exit, if possible, at the final stop. I see how people acting approximately according to your methods in the Xard's thread, are happy after earning 20-30 pips from a trade. I, in turn, lose 250-300 pips on stops. Feel the difference ... where 20-30 and where 200-300 ... You can object to me by saying that they earn, and you lose, and you will be right. But such a person I am, I'm not interested in crumbs from the pie, I'm interested in the whole pie.
The fact is that before creating this thread, I had a fairly good period in trading, and acting on my previous system, I was able to make about ten good trades that increased my deposit by 600% in 2 months. It seemed to me at that moment, that I found something worthwhile and decided to start this journal. Now it becomes clear that this was a period when the system perfectly matched the rhythm of the market. But as soon as the rhythm changed, the system stopped working efficiently, moreover, it began to cause losses. And this means that there is no system.
But I am not stopping, I am going to move on, changing and rethinking methods and approaches. I completely abandoned the typical zigzags and everything connected with them in determining the possible reversal points. I returned to my old ideas, from those times, when I didn't know about the existence of Xard and his systems. I took the most worthwhile from there, applied the Xard system to this. In the new setup, the Xard system is needed only to confirm the moment of entry. The direction of entry is determined using completely different indicators. Now I look what came of it. So far, I don't trade, just watch how the new setup behaves in the real market.
This is statistics for last 2 days ...
SP500 TF M5
04/29
Buy 2877 - Sell 2887 +100 pips
Sell 2887 - Buy 2896 - 90 pips
Buy 2896 - Close 2950 +540 pips
04/30
Sell 2942 - Close 2895 +470 pips
Observations continue ...
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
aaven, Skyold

Slightly moving away from the topic ....
A completely different approach ...
Since my student days, words spoken by a professor of mathematics have been in my head. He quoted some german mathematician. The following quotation ... "Any, even absolute chaos can be described by means of a mathematical equation. The only question is how difficult this equation will be, and how possible is its calculation ..."
Nowadays, finding such complex functions becomes possible due to the use of powerful computers to calculate them. Below I am attaching an article by a russian mathematician-programmer who solved a similar problem using genetic algorithms. Unfortunately, I do not have an article in english, but whoever is interested will be able to catch the main point using a translator.

The forex market is an example of a certain type of chaos, which can also be described using a mathematical function. The evolution of this function is ongoing and the function is constantly changing. The program described in the article calculates a mathematical function based on a number of its known values. For example, if we know the values ​​of the closing price of the day for 100 days, then the program, finding the function that these 100 points will fall into, will calculate where today's 101th day will be approximately closed. In fact, this is the desired grail. I know that algorithms and programs of this type are used by market movers. The problem is that finding this kind of information, and even more so the program in the public domain, is very difficult due to the fact that such information is very much hidden. Maybe someone stumbled upon something like that somewhere?
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
Kiwi, aaven

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:56 am

Thanks for the care, Josi. Naturally, I know these methods for determining the trend by a higher TF (by the way, the picture shows far from the most effective ones). But the fact is that I always strove to create a swing-cycle trading system. I am not interested in joining a trend, as a rule, by the time the trend becomes obvious, which means it is almost complete. I am interested in the method of finding the reversal points of a trend and enter the trend at the very beginning and exit, if possible, at the final stop. I see how people acting approximately according to your methods in the Xard's thread, are happy after earning 20-30 pips from a trade. I, in turn, lose 250-300 pips on stops. Feel the difference ... where 20-30 and where 200-300 ... You can object to me by saying that they earn, and you lose, and you will be right. But such a person I am, I'm not interested in crumbs from the pie, I'm interested in the whole pie.
The fact is that before creating this thread, I had a fairly good period in trading, and acting on my previous system, I was able to make about ten good trades that increased my deposit by 600% in 2 months. It seemed to me at that moment, that I found something worthwhile and decided to start this journal. Now it becomes clear that this was a period when the system perfectly matched the rhythm of the market. But as soon as the rhythm changed, the system stopped working efficiently, moreover, it began to cause losses. And this means that there is no system.
But I am not stopping, I am going to move on, changing and rethinking methods and approaches. I completely abandoned the typical zigzags and everything connected with them in determining the possible reversal points. I returned to my old ideas, from those times, when I didn't know about the existence of Xard and his systems. I took the most worthwhile from there, applied the Xard system to this. In the new setup, the Xard system is needed only to confirm the moment of entry. The direction of entry is determined using completely different indicators. Now I look what came of it. So far, I don't trade, just watch how the new setup behaves in the real market.
This is statistics for last 2 days ...
SP500 TF M5
04/29
Sell 2887 - Buy 2896 - 90 pips
04/30
Sell 2942 - Close 2895 +470 pips

"But such a person I am, I'm not interested in crumbs from the pie, I'm interested in the whole pie. "

Man, you seriously have my respect. This was against the grain of the whole forex world. Haven't met who has said,what you said so directly.Goes to show you know what you are doing because of the confidence.
These users thanked the author aaven for the post (total 2):
RZAMK, Skyold

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:56 am

you got to the point, as aaven said.
"But such a person I am, I'm not interested in crumbs from the pie, I'm interested in the whole pie. "
we follow your thread with full enthusiasm
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
aaven
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

All these days, I continued to observe the signals generated by the new system. The statistics on the M5 TF are as follows:
04/29
Sell ​​2887 - Buy 2896 - 90 pips
04/30
Sell ​​2942 - Close 2895 +470 pips
05/01
Sell ​​2862 -
05/04
Buy 2804 - +580 pips
05/05
Close 2880 +760 pips

During the week of observation - 6 entrances to the market. On average, 1 per day on the younger M5 TF.
5 trades were profitable, 1 unprofitable.
The total profit for the period amounted to 2360 pips.
But naturally, these are just observations and nothing more.
In general, the impressions of the new setup are very good. The charts look clean enough, the terminal doesn't freezing.
One significant drawback of this system has been revealed, unless of course this can be called a drawback ... Despite the external simplicity, the new system requires immersion in a traded instrument. In other words, to trade several instruments at once at the same time, without hesitation, in this case it definitely will not work.
From today, I will try to conduct real trading using the new setup. The instrument remains the same - SP500. I will also post only textual information without pictures and explanations. I would very much like the statistics of observations not to differ much from the real ones. Good luck to all..
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 4):
fadhayemustafa, aaven, maroka, RZAMK

ImpLaNT wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:52 am All these days, I continued to observe the signals generated by the new system. The statistics on the M5 TF are as follows:
04/29
Sell ​​2887 - Buy 2896 - 90 pips
04/30
Sell ​​2942 - Close 2895 +470 pips
05/01
Sell ​​2862 -
05/04
Buy 2804 - +580 pips
05/05
Close 2880 +760 pips

During the week of observation - 6 entrances to the market. On average, 1 per day on the younger M5 TF.
5 trades were profitable, 1 unprofitable.
The total profit for the period amounted to 2360 pips.
But naturally, these are just observations and nothing more.
In general, the impressions of the new setup are very good. The charts look clean enough, the terminal doesn't freezing.
One significant drawback of this system has been revealed, unless of course this can be called a drawback ... Despite the external simplicity, the new system requires immersion in a traded instrument. In other words, to trade several instruments at once at the same time, without hesitation, in this case it definitely will not work.
From today, I will try to conduct real trading using the new setup. The instrument remains the same - SP500. I will also post only textual information without pictures and explanations. I would very much like the statistics of observations not to differ much from the real ones. Good luck to all..
Impressive work and results Implant. Much appreciated for the guidance to the community.

Any chance of getting the bundled indicators and template as it would require some time for everyone to get upto speed. and only if you feel it won't distract you with the live testing.

Thanks
These users thanked the author aaven for the post:
maroka