Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Cladi39 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:23 am Three in row with explanation.
Structurally this makes a lot of sense:
1 directional bias (why it is necessary to have more than one (trustworthy) trend indicator still escapes me)
2. entry (do you really base your entry on the repainter's signal? Because as long as it repaints you lose money - or do you wait for repainter+red candle?)
BUT
3. which signal/indicator defines your exit?

Cladi39 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:54 am
Why you take a sell order if everything is buy? Only semaphor it is down.
Let me explain my thoughts:
1. (before picture) if you look at octavemath you can see its almost 1/8th for potential downmove. At this time I expected semafor to repaint further and therefore to be over 1/8th which indicates an overbought area.
And...
2. (before picture) On m1 chart you can see the tight squeeze and grey candle indicating we might go now downwards. Especially the squeeze that led me to take the sell order. I have to admit I rush too quickly as the squeeze was not "tight" enough. So that was me not acting clearly to the rules due to emotions. History shows that the gold bands "best condition" for me is when those bands almost touching the ma.
3. (after picture)
You can see price was retest near 1/8th level again and failed. Before red ma you can see grey candle and more tight squeeze which would have been a better entry by around 5pips difference. This is what I was initially looking for.

At 5min chart you can clearly see a better picture of the squeeze indicating upmove/downmove. I mark those with yellow lines including the semafor. At m1 chart its harder to see even when I zoom out completely. I have a crappy laptop with low resolution (1366x768) and its lagging.
I hope its clear now.
These users thanked the author Pikachu for the post:
Erebøs_X

Daim2574 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:23 pm
Just to confirm.... I thought extreme spike repaints.... correct?
Yes, it does - but didn't in this instance.
Besides, in Xard's version you can turn the repainting function off (but that means it's lagging - so may be of very limited use)
Xard told me it could be good (as a repainter) to prepare you for imminent reversals, i. e.
get ready to trade when MA+candles change colour
get ready to exit your trade before trend reverses
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 4):
xard777, Jimmy, Daim2574, Erebøs_X

Entry today with clear explanation about enter and exit . This is my way of trade pullback with trend, for me one of most secure and eficcient.
More than 50 pips in this 2 entryes. We cant predict the price exactly soo the indicators may repaint according to price change, the thing is how we use it.

PD: Im in search of good no repaint system beacouse is about all traders dream :razz:
Attachments
These users thanked the author Cladi39 for the post (total 2):
vvFish, pipalong