Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Update

Here is a screenshot of WS30 15min & 1hr Charts, you can see that I have gone back to using the GoldBands again.
It is still one of my favorites as you can see the squeeze just before the trend changes and you can follow the trade along the outer band lines.
By using the higher time frame you can stay in for a greater amount of pips coming off the trend line. At times you can see this coming off the Daily Open line too.
It is fewer trades but more Pip$ per trade.
I have tweaked the Trendline and RSI to work in sync with both the 15min & 1hr TFs making directional trading even easier with fewer false trades.
I will be posting the update later at the end of next week. Btw, the original Trend & Signal lines are set to false to hide them so they are still there if anyone wishes to continue using them.

All the best
Xard777
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:51 am Update

Here is a screenshot of WS30 15min & 1hr Charts, you can see that I have gone back to using the GoldBands again.
It is still one of my favorites as you can see the squeeze just before the trend changes and you can follow the trade along the outer band lines.
By using the higher time frame you can stay in for a greater amount of pips coming off the trend line. At times you can see this coming off the Daily Open line too.
It is fewer trades but more Pip$ per trade.
I have tweaked the Trendline and RSI to work in sync with both the 15min & 1hr TFs making directional trading even easier with fewer false trades.
I will be posting the update later at the end of next week. Btw, the original Trend & Signal lines are set to false to hide them so they are still there if anyone wishes to continue using them.

All the best
Xard777

Can‘t wait to test it out. Just look at the pictures that the squeezing bands are great to detect some trend changes. I have already some entry rules in my mind.

Thanks.

josi wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:39 pm
This is decidedly not meant as criticism - these are just observations:
It looks to me as if the "squeeze" doesn't give any information you don't already get from candle colour + your slow MA.
I am not as sure as you are that more indicators equals better signals.
2 indicators in the subwindow + slow MA - for directional bias (and I didn't even include the repainters!)
"squeeze-bands" + slow MA - for trending move
candle colour + fast MA - for entry/exit
This is bound to lead to conflicting signals on all levels + simply too much information to process for most (let's call them more inexperienced - for fun's sake) traders.
One hell of a setup too make trading easier.
I think that too many people are whispering in your ear to include this and that and maybe that, too, of course etc.
It would be more than presumptious to think that I have better ideas than you and I could never come up with a system like yours; BUT:
1. directional bias (1 indicator)
2. entry (1 indicator)
3. exit (1 indicator)
plus: support and resistance levels
Why would you need more than that?

josi wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:45 pm
It is very challenging for anyone to build a trading system which can perfectly suit the personality and trading style of every trader. I like the gold squeeze bands. They often indicate monster moves up or down. Those moves when caught can provide several days of trading profits.

I often remove some elements of Xards trading system which don't fit into my trading style but I never ask him to exclude them or question their usefulness since others might find them helpful.

I see your point of having one indicator for each element of a trading system. Xard tries to do this but everyone will have different preferences. So, what I often do is to search through the pile of indicators already provided on this website to add anything which I believe might make trading easier for me.
These users thanked the author traderokey for the post (total 7):
Pikachu, josi, Skyold, xard777, RZAMK, SWicak, RobertPoznan