Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

I have tried to get these two indicator to show on the chart at the same time but only one shows. See illustration.
Could a coder please look and if possible let me know how I can have them both on the chart at the same time as it is important for this template.
I have attached both indicators and the template.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER

Black Sheep wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:14 pm

Hi,

Upon some digging in this very interesting topic of the SSA's, in particular, the SSA end-point, the developer of the code Mladen Rakic on 2011.06.02 11:32 post #345 (mql5.com forum) regarding the repainting, has to say the following:

"To repeat
SSA ep does not repaint. SSA recalculates, SSA ep does not (since it is using only windowed data it can not recalculate since it is completely unaware of the rest of the data - future or past data older than the window size, does not matter, all it can "see" is one segment of data extracted from the overall data and it never, but never can "see" any future data for any calculation point- that is quite clear even from the mql source)..." The full post attached as an image for your consultation, also attached you can find the code (indicator) for the SSA ep coded by Mladen Rakic.

Note1: the end-point idea was originally introduced by Dennis Meyers (he used it for the Fast Fourier Transform), hence the name of these are accordingly named to his idea. However, I feel compelled to a reminder that he (Dennis Meyers) posted results of the endpoint that were far, far from a holy grail.

Note2: The attached file libSSA.dll should be unpacked to MQL4/libraries folder in order to make the code to work.

Hope this may help,

Unfortunately this indicator DOES recalculate/repaint. Another holy grail is ruined :cry: :)
Attachments

rudiarius wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:12 am

Unfortunately this indicator DOES recalculate/repaint. Another holy grail is ruined :cry: :)
Hi,

Thank you for the observations, IMHO, the signals are adjusted, however, they are still valid. Perhaps it's just the way I interpeter the values of the indicator, but I wouldn't discard its value for one's analysis.

On the note of the Holy Grail, I think that as described on the post above, Dennis Meyer concluded that a long time ago.

Cheers,
These users thanked the author Black Sheep for the post:
rudiarius
Like the quote attributed to Bohr says, “It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.”

TEAMTRADER wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:44 pm I have tried to get these two indicator to show on the chart at the same time but only one shows. See illustration.
Could a coder please look and if possible let me know how I can have them both on the chart at the same time as it is important for this template.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
Try!!
These users thanked the author pacois for the post (total 3):
TEAMTRADER, Jimmy, Black Sheep

TEAMTRADER wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:44 pm I have tried to get these two indicator to show on the chart at the same time but only one shows. See illustration.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
Hi,

The indicator trend by the angle (attached), it uses Gann calculations to plot a similar type of display to what you are after, I post it here in case it may be of any use to your intents.

Cheers,
These users thanked the author Black Sheep for the post:
optionhk
Like the quote attributed to Bohr says, “It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.”

NotInPortland wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:11 pm Hi all,

Do you know if there is this indicator for mt4? I searched for it but nothing found. Or if is it possible to make it for mt4, please? It is called T-Step LSMA. I saw it on tradingview. Maybe someone here wants to make the conversion from tradingview to mt4?

I attach the code link. Thanks

https://www.tradingview.com/script/aMag ... Step-LSMA/

Screenshot_1.png
ok i attacked the code, but I don't got the perfect results.
Please MrTools can you take a look at my code ?
the problem is I don't know Pine Script that well so I made some mistakes certainly but where ?

I need your expertise MrTools

thanks a lot the indi looks awesome !

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
NotInPortland