Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: The road to Live Trading

This is my first post in this forum, I only just joint today. However, I am not new to the world of forex though. I was a regular member when Forex-TSD was renamed as this now. Trade for a living is an incredible journey for anyone, it takes a lot of steel balls to succeed in this business. For me, it is even harder, I am learning everyday and still feel not enough, and still keep look out for that holy grail (if it's exist at all?). I blew up my real accounts I don't know so many times, but on demo accounts I can double it over and over. LOL...

I think fear and greed is the biggest enemy of all. When involved with really money, it pushes every nerve cells in our head, that is the exact case for me. The only way to succeed in this business? is to be able to read your chart like yourself, and understand every single indicator(s) you put on your chart. On top of that be able to control your nerves and have confident in every trade. It will take years to master this. I recently discovered Forex tester software which helped me to learn price action in a much shorter time span and, took me hundreds of hours tested out a set of MAs that really work for GBPUSD pair.

pi_369 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 am This is my first post in this forum, I only just joint today. However, I am not new to the world of forex though. I was a regular member when Forex-TSD was renamed as this now. Trade for a living is an incredible journey for anyone, it takes a lot of steel balls to succeed in this business. For me, it is even harder, I am learning everyday and still feel not enough, and still keep look out for that holy grail (if it's exist at all?). I blew up my real accounts I don't know so many times, but on demo accounts I can double it over and over. LOL...

I think fear and greed is the biggest enemy of all. When involved with really money, it pushes every nerve cells in our head, that is the exact case for me. The only way to succeed in this business? is to be able to read your chart like yourself, and understand every single indicator(s) you put on your chart. On top of that be able to control your nerves and have confident in every trade. It will take years to master this. I recently discovered Forex tester software which helped me to learn price action in a much shorter time span and, took me hundreds of hours tested out a set of MAs that really work for GBPUSD pair.
Whats the name of the software? I want to know how you leaned price action with taht software?

pi_369 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:50 am

Forex Tester - url:. The current version is version 4. You can run test for up to 1 month. I use version 2 which widely available from internet. Not a latest version, but i only use it to test MAs.
I have both Forex Tester and Softfx simulators, I prefer Softfx as it allows you to run most custom indicators whereas FT only runs the standard default mt4 indicators. It was around $99 but suspect you could find unauthorized free copies on the web.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
pi_369

Ray Martin wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:06 pm I think the road to live trading is quite long. Until you feel that confidence in yourself, you should not go live. It's better to stay on demo till then or may be you can start with a micro account to test yourself.
Confidence comes from finding defined setups matched with a repeatable process for trade management that has a statistically proven positive expectancy. This takes time but can be done without risking any money before testing on demo and then on a live micro account. Other than testing or learning the platform don't spend too much time on demo as you can't replicate the risk element of real trading.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Nbats7979

Lukas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:54 pm I just wanted to trade and learn something new, since the world is filled with many businesses. Wanted to be part of something relating to it and understand the risk factor.

And Forex Trading is considered higher than stock. So Jumped into it and later got the interest in it.
Since how long have you been in forex?

Lukas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:54 pm I just wanted to trade and learn something new, since the world is filled with many businesses. Wanted to be part of something relating to it and understand the risk factor.

And Forex Trading is considered higher than stock. So Jumped into it and later got the interest in it.
Good choice Lucas. Forex is a really good opportunity to earn if explored with full skills and confidence.