Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Jimmy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Links removed.

Please brother, do not post links or external download sites here. We ask all members to follow our rules (as stated above this thread) and make the effort to attach and upload the files directly to your post.

If you don't know how to, please see this guide: How do I attach/upload images or indicators to Forex Station?

Welcome to the site and thanks for understanding :)
sorry about that, it was not intentional,

Jimmy wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Links removed.

Please brother, do not post links or external download sites here. We ask all members to follow our rules (as stated above this thread) and make the effort to attach and upload the files directly to your post.

If you don't know how to, please see this guide: How do I attach/upload images or indicators to Forex Station?

Welcome to the site and thanks for understanding :)
Thanks for the link, i have looked at the same area several times but i guess i was carried away by the candy emoji and i never saw the attach link. :thumbup:

@mrtools

Respected Sir, Please see this request.

Request you to Please fix this indicator : 3MA_crosses (arrows or lines mtf+alerts)

The second MA does not plot correctly / plots incorectly.
Example second MA : 20 EMA plots qeirdly near to 100 EMA.

Also, Please see if you can make this indicator better with more options / code optimizations.

Thanks for everything. Thanks for your Suport, Kindness, Help, Shares.
These users thanked the author thomdel for the post:
chris006

Dear Pacois,

Thank you for the indicator.

In testing it, I see that for the middle Average (the 20MA), for exponential, the implementation is wrong. For simple and linear weighted it is correct.

I do not know if the logic I have described can indeed be implemented, I will try again to describe my proposed logic with reference to the attached screen capture.

My proposed crossover to watch is the crossover of the 2 minor MAs, provided that the long-term (3rd MA) supports the crossover.

Minor Average (1st): 5MA
Middle Average (2nd): 20MA
Senior Average (3rd): 100MA

Arrow 1 - direction up: This was generated by the indicator, however it does not support the logic proposed. This is a crossover of the middle and the senior average. What we are looking for are crossovers of the minor and the middle average.

Arrow 2 - direction down: This was generated by the indicator, however it does not support the logic proposed. This is a crossover of the middle and the senior average.

Arrow 3 - direction down: This is drawn by me. This is the crossover for the suggested logic, it is between the minor average and the middle average and it is supported by the senior average because minor < middle < senior.

Arrow 4 - direction up: This is drawn by me. Although this is a crossover between the minor average and the middle average, it is not supported by the senior average because although minor > middle, the senior average is greater than both whereas it should less than both for the arrow and alert to happen.

Arrow 5 - direction down: This is drawn by me. This is the crossover for the suggested logic, it is between the minor average and the middle average and it is supported by the senior average because minor < middle < senior. However, since the alert at arrow 3 is already in effect and no breach of the senior average has occurred in the meantime, the arrow should not be shown.

Arrow 6 - direction up: This is generated by the indicator. This is a crossover of the middle and the senior average. What we are looking for are crossovers of the minor and the middle average. Although there is a crossover of the minor and the middle average , this is the minor crossing the middle from above going below and the senior is below them, so it should be disregarded,

In fact at arrow 6 it is the first crossover of the middle average and the senior average in the opposite direction of the valid signal at arrow 3 so it should serve as a Take Profit / Exit signal. Could this additionally be coded into the indicator?

I hope the suggested logic makes sense Pacois, thank you for your time and effort.

pacois wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:51 am
Try!!
Attachments

thomdel wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:13 pm @mrtools

Respected Sir, Please see this request.

Request you to Please fix this indicator : 3MA_crosses (arrows or lines mtf+alerts)

The second MA does not plot correctly / plots incorectly.
Example second MA : 20 EMA plots qeirdly near to 100 EMA.

Also, Please see if you can make this indicator better with more options / code optimizations.

Thanks for everything. Thanks for your Suport, Kindness, Help, Shares.
Try this one! not sure the mtf works??
These users thanked the author traderduke for the post:
chris006

Hello traderduke, I believe the logic I have suggested works with your version of the indicator (there are more arrows but in this way it is more flexible).

However, switching to a different timeframe than the current timeframe turns the cursor into a wheel and it keeps spinning without stop making MT4 non-responsive.

I attach a 19-38-120 linear weighted screenshot on the current timeframe.

Thank you.

traderduke wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Try this one! not sure the mtf works??

RK-3 MA Cross with alert mtf 3.03-rk.mq4
Attachments

xATR & Trade Status Reader

All this while I have been benefiting from the indicators and inputs gathered from Forex Station, big thanks all the kind and selfless coding gurus and contributors.
I wish to share this simple indicator, hopefully those who work on longer time frames and base SLs and TPs on ATR value would find it useful.
It is particularly helpful if one wants to avoid the influence of the ATR from a flash crash or abnormal recent volatility by tracing back to a date where the ATR was more "normal".

This indicator displays respective values at a corner of the main chart.

Happy Trading
These users thanked the author Cazz223 for the post (total 3):
kvak, Black Sheep, navlem