Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

In reply to the posts #9006, #9007 and #9008

I wasn't aware that the indicator was a revamped Solar Wind (??), but what do I know compared to others, especially the veterans!

However, I am here to learn from everybody and contribute as much as I can (taking into consideration my apprentice trading skills and a serious lack of coding knowledge).

Forex-Station is until now one of the friendlier places for traders of all levels to learn, share/post ideas and collect indicators/snippets of code (if they are into that), to have an opportunity to ask for indicators/EA to be tweaked or created, by expert coders such as MLaden, Mr Tools, or Pacois that has lent me a hand well, and this sort of welcoming environment and prompt help is difficult to come across in a trading community that is surrounded by ultra ego's, self-made Forex billionaires and PhD Coders of all sorts and of course, the "Veterans" with their infinite unshared wisdom - what would be the shallow end without them!

I hope that this community keeps open-minded and the freely roaming aspect prevails without nosey parkers interfering with the FS good vibes!

Trade on!
These users thanked the author Black Sheep for the post:
pipsquirrel
Like the quote attributed to Bohr says, “It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.”

Pava wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:51 pm

...a timely improvement to a solar wind cousin!
Dude, the point from your quote is??? (because it doesn't make sense!)

Solarwind, Moonwind, whatever it may be... are you keen to show your veteran coding abilities and provide the MTF cross over as requested, or is this just talk for the sake of being "grouchy"?
pipsquirrel
Like the quote attributed to Bohr says, “It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.”

squalouco wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:31 am

Dude, the point from your quote is??? (because it doesn't make sense!)

Solarwind, Moonwind, whatever it may be... are you keen to show your veteran coding abilities and provide the MTF cross over as requested, or is this just talk for the sake of being "grouchy"?
I think he was meaning that that indicator is another of the badly repainting originally called Fisher transform indicators that has been renamed to about every name in the book and it really is not a good idea to use it in live trading.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Pava

mrtools wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:28 am

I think he was meaning that that indicator is another of the badly repainting originally called Fisher transform indicators that has been renamed to about every name in the book and it really is not a good idea to use it in live trading.
Mr Tools, as always, thank you for coming to the rescue and for the information,

It wouldn't be better for Pava or Pavaka as he is known on the MQL5 forum and other forums, to be clear and less of a smart ass?

But, I suppose it takes a load of different personalities to move the wheel!

As being relatively new to this world of trading, I post a ton of question that to some may sound absolutely ridiculous. It's normal when you are climbing the learning curve, however, usually, I discard this sort of things at the speed of light, not this time - therefore, I'm going to unplug as this COVID-19 lookdown may be getting to me!

Have a nice weekend,
pipsquirrel

Hello,

I was looking for such an indicator in the MA crosses section but I didn't find one.

I am looking for a Moving Average Cross indicator that uses a 3rd moving average (slower) as a filter in order to generate arrow / alert.

Scenario: You use the 5MA and 20MA crossover , with the 100MA as a filter. The indicator would trigger an arrow / alert for buy when 5MA>20MA>100MA is satisfied. If 5MA>20MA but 20MA<100MA the buy arrow / alert would not be triggered.

It would be nice if a different timeframe could be set for each Moving Average individually. Also if the indicator could hold back further arrows /alerts in the same direction unless the 3rd moving average has in the meantime been breached in the opposite direction so that additional crossovers of the 2 fast averages are not alerted.

A similar concept to what I am looking for is the "2MA_crosses (arrows or lines mtf+alerts),mq4" found here:
viewtopic.php?p=1295389846#p1295389846
But this lacks the 3rd moving average as a filter.

Anybody knows of something similar? Or maybe Mr. Tools would be kind enough to cook up such an indicator?

Thanks in advance.

chris006 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:35 am Hello,

I was looking for such an indicator in the MA crosses section but I didn't find one.

I am looking for a Moving Average Cross indicator that uses a 3rd moving average (slower) as a filter in order to generate arrow / alert.

Scenario: You use the 5MA and 20MA crossover , with the 100MA as a filter. The indicator would trigger an arrow / alert for buy when 5MA>20MA>100MA is satisfied. If 5MA>20MA but 20MA<100MA the buy arrow / alert would not be triggered.

It would be nice if a different timeframe could be set for each Moving Average individually. Also if the indicator could hold back further arrows /alerts in the same direction unless the 3rd moving average has in the meantime been breached in the opposite direction so that additional crossovers of the 2 fast averages are not alerted.

A similar concept to what I am looking for is the "2MA_crosses (arrows or lines mtf+alerts),mq4" found here:
viewtopic.php?p=1295389846#p1295389846
But this lacks the 3rd moving average as a filter.

Anybody knows of something similar? Or maybe Mr. Tools would be kind enough to cook up such an indicator?

Thanks in advance.
Try!!
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
chris006