Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

chris006 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:39 am Hello, does anybody know of any kind of utility / library etc that you might use in order to find out which indicator is making MT4 slow that at times is frozen and non-responsive? MT4 starts OK then after some hours - around the opening of the US session or afterwards becomes very slow.
Anybody with a similar experience that had found a solution?
Hi, you can individually try the indicators on the graph, to find what slows down, and then check in the code what is slowing down.
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
chris006

pacois wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:59 am

Hi, you can individually try the indicators on the graph, to find what slows down, and then check in the code what is slowing down.
Thanks Pacois, I am not a coder though. I was wondering if there is any expert advisor or utility that shows information like the Task Manager in Windows, so that you can find the guilty indicator.

I tend to use the same indicator for 3 separate timeframes to see the periods where there is confluence with the higher timeframes. One indicator that I use a lot (and I suspect that might be causing the freezing) is the "Averages ribbon 3.1.ex4" for which there is no mq4 file shared.

The difficulty with the procedure you suggest is that the slowdown is not immediate, it takes hours, so there might be for example a memory buffer that gets filled up. When the slowdown occurs though, shutting down MT4 and restating it does not cure the problem, the slowdown persists.

chris006 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:20 am

Thanks Pacois, I am not a coder though. I was wondering if there is any expert advisor or utility that shows information like the Task Manager in Windows, so that you can find the guilty indicator.

I tend to use the same indicator for 3 separate timeframes to see the periods where there is confluence with the higher timeframes. One indicator that I use a lot (and I suspect that might be causing the freezing) is the "Averages ribbon 3.1.ex4" for which there is no mq4 file shared.

The difficulty with the procedure you suggest is that the slowdown is not immediate, it takes hours, so there might be for example a memory buffer that gets filled up. When the slowdown occurs though, shutting down MT4 and restating it does not cure the problem, the slowdown persists.
have tried decreasing the maximum number of bars in the metatrader settings
Attachments
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
chris006