Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

ImpLaNT wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:19 pm I transferred the stoploss to 21025. The reasons are shown in the picture.
Screenshot_28.png
good move and just in time.
stopped out with no or almost no loss.
news related, of course - but could this have been anticipated?
If I look at my setup: WS30H4: double top with divergence (27th+31st), price below both EMAs for the last 2 days, EMAs almost horizontal (range);
directional bias turned to sell midday yesterday, I could send you the screenshot but you know how to set it up yourself if you want to verify it.
Scalping when higher TFs go up at the same time: by all means; expecting a longer move: risky business
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
ImpLaNT

errol wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:56 am

Dear Implant;

I respect your opinion; however, your impression is far fetched and completely unfounded, perhaps a slight prejudice by placing me with certain individuals...When i shared my screen shots I was showing people possible trade setups; we all have to work at developing our own systems unique to our trading styles...Yes i have something valuable to myself only because i understand how it works but it may very well be useless to the next person. I will open a thread where i may or may not share my template and me not sharing does not mean that i am boasting...on the contrary trade setups i gave today were before the fact and could have helped someone/ some folks that took the trades...

Anyway my apologies for the unnecessary mishmash, you may delete all my previous posts as well
Sorry Errol. You are in the wrong period.

1. Implant made it very clear in the first posts that the thread would be like a personal journal of his trades while also breaking down the reasons slowly so it doubles as trading method as well.

2. Went out the way to fully disclose all the indicators and settings along with the template. People can be in sync as to what Implant is showing as well. On top of that he troubleshoot any issues people like myself[if needed,please check my posts where he guided me} had with regards to setting up our MT4

So scuttling Implant's flow and purpose no matter the reasoning{i also have trade setups to share which are useful-which is the reason you mentioned} just smacks of disrespect.

Sorry if sound rude, Implant was very kind and softly replied to you and he was a gentleman about it. It doesn't make sense for you to point back fingers at him when you are in the wrong and the whole thing started because of your involvement which could have been productive except you are going in a track that is opposite to Implant's vision.

Thanks
These users thanked the author aaven for the post (total 2):
ImpLaNT, tc1688

Logically, of course, I assumed 70-80 percent that the Dow today should, if not go down, at least update yesterday's lows. Yesterday's candle on D1 TF practically did not leave a chance to turn in the morning. But a system is a system. I have to act like a robot, following the rules of the system, without thought, emotion. Which I try to do. If I could still not sleep at night ... :) :) :) Then I would not have missed 1125 points of the move down yesterday :(. But unfortunately I am only a man.

Those people, who periodically follow my publications, have probably already generally understood the essence of this trading technique. So now I appeal to everyone ...

1. If someone sees some disadvantages in my system - say, do not be shy, which ones.
2. If someone knows what needs to be added, to add some kind of rational grain, so that the system becomes more profitable, more reliable - please speak.
3. I am always open to constructive dialogue and communication.
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
aaven, josi

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:54 am Logically, of course, I assumed 70-80 percent that the Dow today should, if not go down, at least update yesterday's lows. Yesterday's candle on D1 TF practically did not leave a chance to turn in the morning. But a system is a system. I have to act like a robot, following the rules of the system, without thought, emotion. Which I try to do. If I could still not sleep at night ... :) :) :) Then I would not have missed 1125 points of the move down yesterday :(. But unfortunately I am only a man.

Those people, who periodically follow my publications, have probably already generally understood the essence of this trading technique. So now I appeal to everyone ...

1. If someone sees some disadvantages in my system - say, do not be shy, which ones.
2. If someone knows what needs to be added, to add some kind of rational grain, so that the system becomes more profitable, more reliable - please speak.
Implant,

We are far from suggesting any changes or criticism. :)

I for one still absorbing the posts and getting upto speed. Also, you have a great handle on things and trust your judgement.

Thanks

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:54 am 1. If someone sees some disadvantages in my system - say, do not be shy, which ones.
1. Is it possible to adopt your system to different market situations; i. e. that you have 2 or 3 different sets of rules depending on market conditions (you could for example scalp, instead of trying to swing in this - on higher TFs - sideways market)?
So "to trade the system like a robot - without emotions" doesn't necessarily mean to trade the same way under all market conditions.
You keep the general system but tweak it to fit circumstances, so then - maybe - you trade system 1 a) with clear trend on higher TF; 1b) with short trending moves only on lower TFs; 1 c) ranges (but that wouldn't be Xard's but e. g. Al Brooks).
2. Looking at the market before starting to trade and filter out all instruments that are NOT currently in a trend (you have to decide which TF you want as reference; for me it is H1 and H4; for you it seems to be D - which may be a bit far away from M5 or M15 - but it's up to you). You don't have to limit yourself to indices. You can adjust your lot size if you feel that currencies don't have the same oomph as DOW.

I am a person with a higher technical education and this leaves some imprints on my way of thinking. I always look in everything for the maximum logic and universality. That is why I always tried to create some kind of system that would be maximally defined by a set of rules, using which, I could unambiguously correctly conduct trading regardless of any other circumstances (news, narrowing or widening of ranges, presence or absence of a trend, etc. .). Naturally, I understand that in different situations the system will give a different amount of profit. And this is normal. The main thing is that it remains profitable in all situations. If you paid attention to the name of the template file, the number 167 means that this is 167 version of my trading system. What they just were not up to this point ... Xard's vision has greatly changed my approach to trading. And now I understand that this system is probably the best of these 167.
At one time I was an ardent supporter of the Elliott wave theory, I know it very deeply. But I had to abandon its use, because the main drawback of this theory is that it is absolutely correct to interpret the wave count only at the end of the cycle, i.e. in other words, when it is no longer of particular value.
I gravitate precisely to cyclic trading, i.e. enter the position at the beginning of the cycle and exit as close to completion as possible. Because there is logic in this approach. I appreciate the logic in everything. I can’t trade just poking at random from each blue or red dot, take 20-30 pips if I'm lucky and jump out, and look for the next blue or red dot on another chart. There is no logic in this, which means there is no approach and, accordingly, job satisfaction. It is for this reason that I choose TF M5 or M15, because for example the cycles on H1 can last 7-10 days, and on H4 up to a month.
I use differentiated lot size depending on the ADR of the instrument. The calculation procedure is approximately the following ...
ADR Lot multiplier
250-500 2
500-850 1
850-2000 0.5
> 2000 0.25
I try to trade instruments with maximum ADRs. Unfortunately, currency pairs very often give false signals and have very complex wave structures. Therefore, I understand Xard, who refused them.
And finally, if someone wants to offer something, immediately post at least a screenshot with minimal explanation. Thanks to all!
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
aaven

ImpLaNT wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:00 am I gravitate precisely to cyclic trading, i.e. enter the position at the beginning of the cycle and exit as close to completion as possible. Because there is logic in this approach. I appreciate the logic in everything. I can’t trade just poking at random from each blue or red dot, take 20-30 pips if I'm lucky and jump out, and look for the next blue or red dot on another chart. There is no logic in this, which means there is no approach and, accordingly, job satisfaction. It is for this reason that I choose TF M5 or M15, because for example the cycles on H1 can last 7-10 days, and on H4 up to a month.
My last contribution: no screenshot needed.
To use the well-known stupid comparison: Only for a hammer everything looks like a nail. Use the tools most appropriate for the job.
It's not unsystematic to have different systems in different environments, nor is it unscientifc, on the contrary. (You treat lung cancer differently from a viral infection, and yet, medicine is - more or less - based on science).
But advice is of no use to those who don't want it.
I admire what you want to do and wish you well.

And finally, I would like to say how important to follow all the rules of the system with two specific examples ...
1. Today's situation with the Dow ... There was not enough Extreme Spike indicator bar and I did not open a sell position, but only closed the purchase.
It is up to ....

And this is after ...

2. Oil ... The absence of color changes in waves 1 and 2 prohibits opening sales ...

And this is after ...

Rules and rules again !!!
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 4):
aaven, fitditcorp, Skyold, RZAMK