Re: Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

I managed to get a buy entry late into the US session on the HK50 using my own algo to fit my trading style though certain indies have been incorporated from Xards trading system- thanks to Xard....Trend following is always key; however, one needs to also take into consideration that markets will only trend 30% of the time (Global uncertain periods such as we have now will likely consist of shorter intra-day trends, choppy and ranging markets vs long term trends) ..Thus, using basic principles such as the Elliot wave theory, divergence and price action will eliminate most false trade setups; indicators whatever the system may be should be used by one only to serve as secondary confirmation systems following price action.... This is how the trade setup would look like on the Xard system...
Attachments

jgxpro wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:21 pm
2. Implant version of old XARD: the spike, along the semafors were factors strengthening the anticipation for the downswing. The shorter MA turned red at near my entry, but in volatile movements I would have got fully confirmed signal (with all matching colours) significantly later...
I think that if you switched TF to M1, then it is quite possible you would have received the first and second points, and then a much earlier moment of entering the market after the formation of the second point. But I don't work with TF M1. For me it is very fast and unfortunately the system there is much less reliable.
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
aaven

errol wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 am I managed to get a buy entry late into the US session on the HK50 using my own algo to fit my trading style though certain indies have been incorporated from Xards trading system- thanks to Xard....Trend following is always key; however, one needs to also take into consideration that markets will only trend 30% of the time (Global uncertain periods such as we have now will likely consist of shorter intra-day trends, choppy and ranging markets vs long term trends) ..Thus, using basic principles such as the Elliot wave theory, divergence and price action will eliminate most false trade setups; indicators whatever the system may be should be used by one only to serve as secondary confirmation systems following price action.... This is how the trade setup would look like on the Xard system...
How could you open a buy position, if, according to the setup rules (XARD rules), it was necessary to enter only sells ??

These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
aaven

errol wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 am I managed to get a buy entry late into the US session on the HK50 using my own algo to fit my trading style though certain indies have been incorporated from Xards trading system- thanks to Xard....Trend following is always key; however, one needs to also take into consideration that markets will only trend 30% of the time (Global uncertain periods such as we have now will likely consist of shorter intra-day trends, choppy and ranging markets vs long term trends) ..Thus, using basic principles such as the Elliot wave theory, divergence and price action will eliminate most false trade setups; indicators whatever the system may be should be used by one only to serve as secondary confirmation systems following price action.... This is how the trade setup would look like on the Xard system...
Guessing from the screenshot I take it you were trailing your buy trade. What are your trailing rules?
Where was your original SL and why?
What do you mean by "basic principles such as the Elliot wave theory, divergence and price action will eliminate most false trade setups"?
Can you explain how you applied these "principles" to this particular trade?
No offence - but ImpLaNT's thread up to now has been one of analytic precision? Shouldn't we at least try to live up to his standards?
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
ImpLaNT, jgxpro

ImpLaNT wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:15 am

How could you open a buy position, if, according to the setup rules (XARD rules), it was necessary to enter only sells ??

Screenshot_18.png
Goods point Implant :) ; That is why i mentioned I used my own setup and this is how my entry looked like using my setup... The 200MA is my ultimate trend guide to the direction i take on my trades and the trade volume at the given period
Attachments

josi wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:24 am
Guessing from the screenshot I take it you were trailing your buy trade. What are your trailing rules?
Where was your original SL and why?
What do you mean by "basic principles such as the Elliot wave theory, divergence and price action will eliminate most false trade setups"?
Can you explain how you applied these "principles" to this particular trade?
No offence - but ImpLaNT's thread up to now has been one of analytic precision? Shouldn't we at least try to live up to his standards?
No offence taken Josi and your question is highly appreciated, after al,l we all here to learn from each other I take it :) - Simply put- In situations where price is above the 200 MA I would only look at retracement buy opportunities and visa versa in a bear market. I have tried to minimze the attached picture below just to illustrate my point...As for Elliot waves; a combination of the ZZ and Mladen's great Hilo indicator will help to almost accurately define these waves ( you could add the 123 pattern indi as well to trade breakouts).. so my entry in an uptrend as was with the current trend I looked at possible retracement entries...my sl was initially set below my 21 ema and custom psar (set my own paramenters)..Prior to buying we had a series of higher lows whilst price was firmly set above the 200 MA (main trend line)..my entry was set after the immediate higher low formed ( also take note of my background feature and candlestick colours)..Lastly looking at demand and supply zones, price was above support; we have more support than there is resistance for price to move upwards instead of downwards (secondary confirmation was the custom rsi level been above 50 and a rise in obv -very important above ma). In additon, you can pick up divergence in market price structure using the OBV but its best done manually since most of the divergence indies out there will more frequently show false divergences in my opinion- a true divergence whether hidden or standard will have a full 123 (abc) elliot wave move based on my charting observations...to trail my profit i manually do so after a 20 pip rise in favour os my trade...Also note that once my psar changes position i would then take that as an exit opportunity; however, with the current market long term trades grow scarce...Hope that this was helpful
Attachments
These users thanked the author errol for the post (total 3):
josi, Skyold, tc1688

Gold- we have a possible sell on gold PENDING retracement...So far confirmed bearish divergence ( we had a full abc elliot wave move if you look at the zz and set hl), lower high set in place and price BELOW 200ma. Sell order can be taken of supply and resistance zones...Just thought i should post this as an example of a future trading opportunity
Attachments