Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Hi,

I have been using MT4 recently, and I am not a coder, I think I am in need of some help, I would like to understand if the following attached indicators repaint. Also, can I use a .ex4 file to create an automated strategy?

For example, could I use the stepma averages 4.7 mtf.ex4 to create a strategy or do I need the file in format .mq4?

Thank you,
Like the quote attributed to Bohr says, “It is difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.”

Hello to all the coders out here,

I've been searching all over the internet and just couldn't find it, maybe someone here can help me out.
I am looking for a simple indicator that would plot an arrow, when the difference between
SMA (close) and SMA (median) would be greater than 'x' number of pips.
'x' number of pips should be a parameter.
Down arrow is plotted when SMA (close) is above SMA (median) on the current candle.
Up arrow is plotted when SMA (close) is below SMA (median) on the current candle.

If possible one more additional parameter would be 'x' number of candles before next signal,
meaning, indicator plots the next arrow after 'x' bars

Shouldn't be too complicate to code this...if anybody could help I would really appreciate it.

squalouco wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:53 am Hi,

I have been using MT4 recently, and I am not a coder, I think I am in need of some help, I would like to understand if the following attached indicators repaint. Also, can I use a .ex4 file to create an automated strategy?

For example, could I use the stepma averages 4.7 mtf.ex4 to create a strategy or do I need the file in format .mq4?

Thank you,
No repaint, yes you can create an automated strategy using ex4.