Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

GBPUSD M5 NY Session

For the cynics, skeptics, naysayers, and negative destructive nellies etc.,

Today was not a good day for TREND trading the NY/NYSE session since there was little volatility on the majors with all the action on commodities.

I chose GBPUSD because there were red flag news events for both GBP and USD at 5am and 5:30am my time (Pacific West Coast).
The spread tripled because of this, hinting that big moves may be coming, but even though this was the London/NY overlap, there was little volatility. I entered above the 2nd blue candle above the blue trend MA and switched to M15 anticipating a strong up trend. After watching PRICE go nowhere for 50 minutes I pulled the plug and banked a few $ as it retraced down. I then checked the charts again and still the only action was on commodities so I shut down for the day and decided to spend some time and breakfast with she who must be obeyed.

I checked GBPUSD about 3 hours later and saw that PRICE started TRENDING around 11am NY time. I suppose I could have stayed on M15 but that it is too slow for my style of trading.

For those still having difficulty making $ with what I believe is XARD's best set up to date, the point to remember is the title of this thread:

XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

This system, like all TREND trading systems, needs a TREND. Without a TREND, all TREND systems get chopped to death! The only way to trade chop is PASR but even then, we still need volatility.

So my rule is NO TREND - NO TRADE. . I would normally revert to PASR but the lack of volatility made that not worth my time and effort.

Reminder to XARD: Latest short term time frame Zig Zag - can you colour coordinate this with the other 2 Zig Zags? Also, can you release your revised MMATH indicator with the comments outside of the chart please.
These users thanked the author Senior Rob for the post:
Erebøs_X
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob

luis1moce wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:03 am Still doing pips with XARD777 system, thanks sir!

Remember, enter after red or blue dot, and wait until candle change color too, I just aim for 20 pips in average as I scalp on 5 min charts.

juevs.PNG
Good job and well done, luis!
For future screen shots, make sure to DELETE your account number or crop the screen shot to not show it. There are people who troll threads on Public Forums looking to STEAL identities, accounts and $ etc.

Now, your next step is to fund your account and MAKE MONEY! so go for it.
luis1moce
Cheers,

Rob

Senior Rob wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:30 am

Good job and well done, luis!

a.PNG

For future screen shots, make sure to DELETE your account number or crop the screen shot to not show it. There are people who troll threads on Public Forums looking to STEAL identities, accounts and $ etc.

Now, your next step is to fund your account and MAKE MONEY! so go for it.
Will keep an eye on it! Thanks Senior Rob!

josi wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:27 am

no trend?
buy: EURUSD; GBPUSD; US500; US100; WS30;UK100;
take your pick.
Thank you for your comment

Next time, READ and UNDERSTAND - ""Today was not a good day for TREND trading the NY/NYSE session since there was little volatility on the majors with all the action on commodities.""

This is NOT a trend in my time zone (between the red and white dotted lines)! This is NOT a trend in my time zone(between the red and white dotted lines)! THIS IS a TREND! US500; US100; WS30;UK100
I do not have a US broker who has indices with MT4 yet so I cannot trade these.
luis1moce
Cheers,

Rob

luis1moce wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:03 am Still doing pips with XARD777 system, thanks sir!

Remember, enter after red or blue dot, and wait until candle change color too, I just aim for 20 pips in average as I scalp on 5 min charts.

juevs.PNG
very good..
so you enter as soon as candle blue or pink ...or wait to open next candle for entry?
what is about your sl trailng ..becuse you closed your trade in positive even sl hit..

james caror wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:34 am
very good..
so you enter as soon as candle blue or pink ...or wait to open next candle for entry?
what is about your sl trailng ..becuse you closed your trade in positive even sl hit..
I wait for next candle to entry. I use the MT4 trail stop loss to avoid drawdown, but I do this only when I am going with the trend, in countertrend I do not use trailing stop.