Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Cladi39 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:31 am
Home job for the people in quarintine like me. Where and why you will take a trade here?
Hi Cladi,
I also have a lot of time at home at the moment
I would have placed the trades as described below.
I hope you have a different opinion.
How did you trade it or how would you have traded?
Best regards
Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.25 - 23.01.42.21.png
Trade what you see, not what you think

Skyold wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 am
Cladi39 wrote:
Home job for the people in quarintine like me. Where and why you will take a trade here?
Hi Cladi,
Best regards

I take the second trade when price did a pullback according your explanation,

Skyold wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 am
Cladi39 wrote:
Hi Cladi,
Best regards

To me the semafor represents price has gone far enough to cause 1st, 2nd, possibly 3rd level reaction from semafor indicated it has gone far enough to return but not necessarily, it can always go much further because that's the nature of forex unlike equities. The change in color of the moving average and candle indicates it has returned far enough to cause the change in color. Some people think of moving averages as lagging indicators but I prefer to think of them as indicating enough momentum to cause the average line to move in direction of the price so I can open an order in direction of the zig-zag arrow and moving average/candle color. I'd keep prevous price action in mind by looking at higher time frames and judge how far it might move by how far it has already moved and things like percentages and fibonacci's ratios I might also have in my mind and even ATR/ADR. If I had confidence in the trade I'd put a close SL near the high near the top of zig-zag near the arrow and a TP at least the twice the range from the SL and preferably about 2/3 of the ADR if I started from near the top such as in this case. If there was good momentum I might get rid of the TP and use a trailing SL instead and just wait and see how far it goes changing the trailing SL periodically. Once the momentum slows I'd probably move the SL close to the the price action expecting it to be triggered any moment but if it continues that'll be icing on the cake.

Cladi39 wrote:
Hi Cladi39,

mhhh good question. Personally if I have been sitting on my computer and I am seeing and that time the chart looks exactly like yours, I would have been waiting for a blue candle after the blue dot cycle and TDI indicating still a "strong buy" signal. :think:

See here:
[AUDCAD,M5].png
AUDCADM5x.png

GBPUSD M5 NY Session

For the cynics, skeptics, naysayers, and negative destructive nellies etc.,

Today was not a good day for TREND trading the NY/NYSE session since there was little volatility on the majors with all the action on commodities.

I chose GBPUSD because there were red flag news events for both GBP and USD at 5am and 5:30am my time (Pacific West Coast).
NEWS.PNG
The spread tripled because of this, hinting that big moves may be coming, but even though this was the London/NY overlap, there was little volatility. I entered above the 2nd blue candle above the blue trend MA and switched to M15 anticipating a strong up trend. After watching PRICE go nowhere for 50 minutes I pulled the plug and banked a few $ as it retraced down. I then checked the charts again and still the only action was on commodities so I shut down for the day and decided to spend some time and breakfast with she who must be obeyed.

I checked GBPUSD about 3 hours later and saw that PRICE started TRENDING around 11am NY time. I suppose I could have stayed on M15 but that it is too slow for my style of trading.

For those still having difficulty making $ with what I believe is XARD's best set up to date, the point to remember is the title of this thread:

XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

This system, like all TREND trading systems, needs a TREND. Without a TREND, all TREND systems get chopped to death! The only way to trade chop is PASR but even then, we still need volatility.

So my rule is NO TREND - NO TRADE. . I would normally revert to PASR but the lack of volatility made that not worth my time and effort.

Reminder to XARD: Latest short term time frame Zig Zag - can you colour coordinate this with the other 2 Zig Zags? Also, can you release your revised MMATH indicator with the comments outside of the chart please.
a.PNG
b.PNG
THANK YOU XARD!

Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob

1. Similar Topics

1. Trading XARD system (Christmas Setup)

157 Replies 5647 Views

by ImpLaNT, Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm in Trading Journals

157 Replies
    2. Ichimoku trading system for simple & profitable transactions

19 Replies 8212 Views

by hoanguyen, Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:52 am in Trading Systems

19 Replies

Return to “Trading Systems”