Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

ImpLaNT wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:43 pm Dear Sir Xard ...
The latest versions of your system (grail versions) give unreasonably many false signals to enter a position. This can be seen from the image below.
Only yesterday on the DJI there were 3 such signals. (Naturally, before each signal there was a red dot with a white arrow inside, just at the time the picture was taken from the chart, the point is in the current position)

Screenshot_7.png

First of all, I attribute this to the fact that the current settings of the indicators that make up the MA indicator are very aggressive, as a result of which they become overly sensitive and give a lot of false signals.
Secondly, in new versions of the system, you abandoned the rule to enter a position only from the second point of a minor semaphore. In my opinion, this is the main mistake, because any reliable system should somehow be tied to wave analysis. The use of the second point, even if not to the fullest, but still realized this function.
Thirdly, in the pursuit of ease of use, you have abandoned many points that together made your previous setups stably profitable. Simple primitive systems are not stably profitable!
In conclusion, I want to say, that the last quality version, in my opinion, with excellent component balancing was the Christmas setup, and the heart of this system, the Mav2 indicator, is a true masterpiece. In the future, I slightly modified this setup by adding Markers and Cycle Channels indicators, as well as another indicators for additional filtering for more precision to enter in sub window. As a result, in my opinion, a fairly reliable system was obtained. Yes - complex visually, yes - with complex entry rules, but giving 90% of the correct entry into the position and allowing you to hold a profitable position for as long as possible, which is important enough to trade instruments with strong and deep movements, such as indices.

Screenshot_8.png

Based on the foregoing, I urge you to abandon the principle of simplicity, and return to the principles of reinforced concrete reliability. So that if the system gives a signal, the trader enters the deal without any doubts and fears. Let these signals be rare and complex, but for that reliable. And whoever needs it, they will figure it out in a complex system. And recklessly following the principle of simplicity, you can reduce the accuracy of the entrance to a coin toss (eagle or tails)
I agree with you 100%. A set of rigorous and rigid rules, where all the trader has to do is go through a checklist of rules for entry, for stress-free trading. IF the intention of this thread is truly for helping traders become profitable, then there should not be so much fighting amongst people in the thread. Certainly, it is important to recognize that many people are overwhelmed and dismayed by the thread due to the ambiguity regarding the system. The system is truly excellent and profitable as some members have shown, but if an individual is unable to replicate such results easily on their own, then what is the point. If this system was really as "simple" as it is then why are their many members confused and losing money. a set of "principles of reinforced concrete reliability. So that if the system gives a signal, the trader enters the deal without any doubts and fears. Let these signals be rare and complex, but for that reliable. And whoever needs it, they will figure it out in a complex system. And recklessly following the principle of simplicity, you can reduce the accuracy of the entrance to a coin toss (eagle or tails)" :D

One thing is certain, no matter how simple a strategy is, people will always have questions and doubts.
Everyone is different, everyone has their own way of understanding how things work.
We are all here for the same purpose, Xard created a system and keeps developing it until the majority of people understand how to use it.
The last thing we need here is fighting with each other.
And it's even worse in a time like this, we NEED to be comprehensive and respect all opinions.

Regards
Mario
These users thanked the author mario_lima for the post (total 2):
Rumi, Skyold

Halllo dear XARD Thread fans,
It's nice to have so many discussions here. That means we are interested in creating a really good trading system with ideas from XARD.
We should only treat each other well and not understand what is written (answer or opinion) as a declaration of war.
I fully agree with Josi on some points. A system needs very clear rules. When is ENTRY ??? - When is EXIT ???
This has to be clearly defined. That means: I have to be able to place at least 500 trades in the past exactly according to these rules. It takes a lot of work but after that I have the results. It is either a good system or a bad one.
It's not about simple or complex; The main thing is that we can end the day with a profit. And if some of you put your own ideas into XARD System, it's good too.
Only then please do not point out any indicators, but define exactly how you act. Point by point, of course only if you feel like it and have time for it and are not a secret.
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Cladi39 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:31 am Home job for the people in quarintine like me. Where and why you will take a trade here?
Hi Cladi,
I also have a lot of time at home at the moment
I would have placed the trades as described below.
I hope you have a different opinion.
How did you trade it or how would you have traded?
Best regards
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
StuartWong
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Skyold wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:07 am

Hi Cladi,
I also have a lot of time at home at the moment
I would have placed the trades as described below.
I hope you have a different opinion.
How did you trade it or how would you have traded?
Best regards

Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.25 - 23.01.42.21.png
To me the semafor represents price has gone far enough to cause 1st, 2nd, possibly 3rd level reaction from semafor indicated it has gone far enough to return but not necessarily, it can always go much further because that's the nature of forex unlike equities. The change in color of the moving average and candle indicates it has returned far enough to cause the change in color. Some people think of moving averages as lagging indicators but I prefer to think of them as indicating enough momentum to cause the average line to move in direction of the price so I can open an order in direction of the zig-zag arrow and moving average/candle color. I'd keep prevous price action in mind by looking at higher time frames and judge how far it might move by how far it has already moved and things like percentages and fibonacci's ratios I might also have in my mind and even ATR/ADR. If I had confidence in the trade I'd put a close SL near the high near the top of zig-zag near the arrow and a TP at least the twice the range from the SL and preferably about 2/3 of the ADR if I started from near the top such as in this case. If there was good momentum I might get rid of the TP and use a trailing SL instead and just wait and see how far it goes changing the trailing SL periodically. Once the momentum slows I'd probably move the SL close to the the price action expecting it to be triggered any moment but if it continues that'll be icing on the cake.

Hello everybody

I want to inform you, that in the Trading Journals section I have opened a thread, in which I will try to show how I personally use the Xard's system in real trading. All with explanations and clarifications. If anyone is interested, then you are welcome to join. See, discuss, ask questions ...

viewtopic.php?f=579489&t=8473696
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post (total 2):
fitditcorp, traderdoug