NO EXTERNAL LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Normalized ATR

Dear All,

I found the Normalized ATR indicator but not in MQL4.
Should be possible to convert in a MQL4 indicator ( tobe utilized also for backtesting ).

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

Mod edit: Link removed.

Re: Normalized ATR

AndreaTrade wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:10 pm
Dear All,

I found the Normalized ATR indicator but not in MQL4.
Should be possible to convert in a MQL4 indicator ( tobe utilized also for backtesting ).

Thanks in advance,

Andrea
Please make an effort to upload the indicator and attach it to your post. No links to other site's downloads here. As a new member we ask you to follow our rules before posting.
Looking for a Forex broker that puts you first? FBS are offering $100 to get you started! Find out more, here.

As requested you can find attached the Normalized ATR indicator in MQL5.
Frankly speaking I'm an old user but I don't know why my account has been canceled.
Normalized ATR.mq5
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

AndreaTrade wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:05 pm
Frankly speaking I'm an old user but I don't know why my account has been canceled.
What "account" was cancelled?
Looking for a Forex broker that puts you first? FBS are offering $100 to get you started! Find out more, here.

AndreaTrade wrote:
Probably u not following rules............. haha :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

AndreaTrade wrote:
Got this one made by Mladen awhile back just modernized it some.
normalized atr.mq4
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 252 times

mrtools wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:25 am
AndreaTrade wrote:
Got this one made by Mladen awhile back just modernized it some.
Thanks Mrtools, really appreciated.

could it not be possible to make a better version than that ? sorry for being rude but i can think of a way to make it better (just compare fastATR to slowATR and price value). it would be better than that (the actual ATR is not "at max value" when there is a peak of volatility, instead it just "rises" from 0) and there are periods where the ATR is at max, and the volatility isn't that high.

also i don't get why you need a normalized ATR? the strength of ATR is to be NOT normalized

Normalizing the ATR makes will help with determining statistical probability of the trades outcome.