LikeRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Rob, great story about Dr. Joe. Thanks for that.

Senior Rob wrote: My understanding of what he was telling me is this:

Buy when prices are moving up. Buy each retrace/dip. Keep buying until the last retrace becomes a trend change which is the one trade you lose on.

Sell when prices are moving down. Sell each retrace/rally. Keep selling until the last retrace becomes a trend change which is the second trade you lose on.

Obviously, the trendier the price, the better it works.
This sums it up perfectly. Others should take note of this and go back through chart history to see how effective it is :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Rumi for the post (total 2):
russnagel1, StuartWong

Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

tiaulu wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:01 am Please publish the rules for entry and exit trade.
So the system is not understandable and is too uncertain
Can't read almost 200 pages of tread to understand something about the system
Hi tiaulu

If you're not willing to read 200 pages, I suggest that you at least read from Christmas 2019.

Since then, the "rules" and helpful tips have been clearly illustrated by XARD and other contributors, in writing and chart examples :thumbup: You should be able to get a decent understanding from there.

Dear Sir Xard ...
The latest versions of your system (grail versions) give unreasonably many false signals to enter a position. This can be seen from the image below.
Only yesterday on the DJI there were 3 such signals. (Naturally, before each signal there was a red dot with a white arrow inside, just at the time the picture was taken from the chart, the point is in the current position)
First of all, I attribute this to the fact that the current settings of the indicators that make up the MA indicator are very aggressive, as a result of which they become overly sensitive and give a lot of false signals.
Secondly, in new versions of the system, you abandoned the rule to enter a position only from the second point of a minor semaphore. In my opinion, this is the main mistake, because any reliable system should somehow be tied to wave analysis. The use of the second point, even if not to the fullest, but still realized this function.
Thirdly, in the pursuit of ease of use, you have abandoned many points that together made your previous setups stably profitable. Simple primitive systems are not stably profitable!
In conclusion, I want to say, that the last quality version, in my opinion, with excellent component balancing was the Christmas setup, and the heart of this system, the Mav2 indicator, is a true masterpiece. In the future, I slightly modified this setup by adding Markers and Cycle Channels indicators, as well as another indicators for additional filtering for more precision to enter in sub window. As a result, in my opinion, a fairly reliable system was obtained. Yes - complex visually, yes - with complex entry rules, but giving 90% of the correct entry into the position and allowing you to hold a profitable position for as long as possible, which is important enough to trade instruments with strong and deep movements, such as indices.
Based on the foregoing, I urge you to abandon the principle of simplicity, and return to the principles of reinforced concrete reliability. So that if the system gives a signal, the trader enters the deal without any doubts and fears. Let these signals be rare and complex, but for that reliable. And whoever needs it, they will figure it out in a complex system. And recklessly following the principle of simplicity, you can reduce the accuracy of the entrance to a coin toss (eagle or tails)
These users thanked the author ImpLaNT for the post:
LittleCaro

ImpLaNT wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:43 pm Dear Sir Xard ...
The latest versions of your system (grail versions) give unreasonably many false signals to enter a position. This can be seen from the image below.
Only yesterday on the DJI there were 3 such signals. (Naturally, before each signal there was a red dot with a white arrow inside, just at the time the picture was taken from the chart, the point is in the current position)

Screenshot_7.png

First of all, I attribute this to the fact that the current settings of the indicators that make up the MA indicator are very aggressive, as a result of which they become overly sensitive and give a lot of false signals.
Secondly, in new versions of the system, you abandoned the rule to enter a position only from the second point of a minor semaphore. In my opinion, this is the main mistake, because any reliable system should somehow be tied to wave analysis. The use of the second point, even if not to the fullest, but still realized this function.
Thirdly, in the pursuit of ease of use, you have abandoned many points that together made your previous setups stably profitable. Simple primitive systems are not stably profitable!
In conclusion, I want to say, that the last quality version, in my opinion, with excellent component balancing was the Christmas setup, and the heart of this system, the Mav2 indicator, is a true masterpiece. In the future, I slightly modified this setup by adding Markers and Cycle Channels indicators, as well as another indicators for additional filtering for more precision to enter in sub window. As a result, in my opinion, a fairly reliable system was obtained. Yes - complex visually, yes - with complex entry rules, but giving 90% of the correct entry into the position and allowing you to hold a profitable position for as long as possible, which is important enough to trade instruments with strong and deep movements, such as indices.

Screenshot_8.png

Based on the foregoing, I urge you to abandon the principle of simplicity, and return to the principles of reinforced concrete reliability. So that if the system gives a signal, the trader enters the deal without any doubts and fears. Let these signals be rare and complex, but for that reliable. And whoever needs it, they will figure it out in a complex system. And recklessly following the principle of simplicity, you can reduce the accuracy of the entrance to a coin toss (eagle or tails)
Simple, lagging indicators do not work. Stop wasting your time on them.

markstep wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:22 pm
Simple, lagging indicators do not work. Stop wasting your time on them.

If the indicators do not lag, they will give a lot of false signals, which we see in the latest versions of the setups. For me personally, it’s better to enter the market once in a quality manner, even at a less favorable price, than take 2-3 stops in a row. In the case of trading indices with their current volatility, one stop eats at least 100 points. 3 stops - 300 points of loss. You need it? I don’t ....