Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Rumi wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:40 am A pretty straightforward one from this morning on EUR/GBP.

In the morning I was anticipating a buy around that area, and XARD's standalone system confirmed the buy. Enter trade on blue candle + background.

eurgbp.png
Very good but only a 100 pips range

During the same cycle/time, EURCAD was 230 pips and GBPJPY was 316 pips

Why waste your margin on mickey mouse pairs when you can maximise your profit potential on volatile pairs.

I TRADE TO LIVE and need to get the most out of my margin- are you LIVING TO TRADE?
These users thanked the author Senior Rob for the post:
Rumi
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob

Senior Rob wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:58 am

Very good but only a 100 pips range

During the same cycle/time, EURCAD was 230 pips and GBPJPY was 316 pips

Why waste your margin on mickey mouse pairs when you can maximise your profit potential on volatile pairs.

I TRADE TO LIVE and need to get the most out of my margin- are you LIVING TO TRADE?
What you say is true! Right now I focus mainly on Gold and SPX... sometimes a few currency pairs including GBP/AUD.

It could be because I'm more interested in position size based on a set risk, rather than volatility. (E.g. 230 pips at £1 position size // 23 pips at £10 would be the same result.) That aside, the main reason is that I have a couple of other conditions I like to see in the charts, and sometimes they aren't there on certain pairs :D

I intend on expanding to new pairs, so I'll be sure to check out EUR/CAD and GBP/JPY. I have actually been watching those recently and they look great. Thanks Rob

Rumi wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:19 am

What you say is true! Right now I focus mainly only on Gold and SPX... sometimes a few currency pairs including GBP/AUD.

It could be because I'm more interested in position size based on a set risk, rather than number of pips/ticks. (E.g. 230 pips at £1 position size // 23 pips at £10 would be the same result.) The main reason is that I have a couple of other non-indicator conditions I like to see in the charts, and sometimes they aren't there :D

I intend on expanding to new pairs, so I'll be sure to check out EUR/CAD and GBP/JPY. I have actually been watching those more recently and they look great. Thanks Rob
If you don't mind, I think you are missing a very important point which is - we are looking to trade the MEAT OF THE TREND - the 75% or 80% of the trend. We are not looking to trade from top to bottom which is what the 95% losers try to do. Even with XARD's system, it is impossible to catch the top and bottoms because of the repainting dots and semafors. Instead we WAIT for the top/bottom to be in either through Price Action or candle/background colour change or 2nd dot.

If you understand that then you will understand that you will get many more pips profit from 75%/80% of a 230 pips trend than 75%/80% of a 23 pips trend. An added bonus is that you are under less pressure taking chunks out of a 230 pips trend than trying to maximise a 23 pips trend.

As XARD and myself have previously reported, GBPAUD and GBPNZD are the most volatile (read profit) currencies. Check out the post with my Excel spread sheet and XARD's chart.

I only trade EURCAD when OIL is in the news and volatile (moves more than GBPCAD for some reason) and only GBPJPY when the Stock Markets are in the news and therefore volatile. I will trade GBPUSD when either or both currencies are in the news. I will add indices when I can find a reliable and trustworthy broker with MT4 charting.

I hope this helps.
These users thanked the author Senior Rob for the post (total 3):
farispitbrakes, Sunrisetobi, StuartWong
Cheers,

Rob

traderokey wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:17 am

Did you enter a buy trade where you have that double horizontal arrows? If yes, I will ask why did you buy at that point?

It is a down trend and both M5 and M15 stochastic are overbought at that point, so I will be selling to rejoin the downtrend instead of buying. Multi-time frame analysis will keep you out of trouble while using this system.

The safest place to buy is few candles after red dot. At that point H1 stochastic has gone into the oversold zone and M1, M5, M15 and M30 are either out or started coming out of the oversold zone also.
No I'm not speak about arrows. I mean the small red dot on the right side of the pic.

GBPUSD M5
XARD says he will let us have his Holy Grail on May18 - it must be some system to be better than what he has already given us.

Look at GBPUSD today, normally a pedantic pair, 185 pips and still running. Admittedly, most things work in a heavy trend like this, but I could train a monkey to make money with XARD's latest system! If you can't make money with this, maybe you should take up knitting!
These users thanked the author Senior Rob for the post:
StuartWong
Cheers,

Rob

Senior Rob wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:20 am

H4 Cycle TOP is IN CONTROL so only take SELLS until the H4 Cycle BOTTOM is in. Until then, SELL 2nd Dots and IGNORE any buy signals.

Why are you wasting your margin on a crappy pair like AUDCAD? It only moved 137 pips from H4 cycle top to M15 semafor bottom whereas GBPNZD moved 896 pips in the same time/cycle!
Senior Rob,
Thanks.
H4 Cycle TOP is IN CONTROL so only take SELLS until the H4 Cycle BOTTOM is in. Until then, SELL 2nd Dots and IGNORE any buy signals. this is a new rule for me will try thanks.

I1m just practicing on this pair.