Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

normannasty wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:06 am What I'm doing wrong? I entered at the red point. Its goes in the opposite side.
Did you enter a buy trade where you have that double horizontal arrows? If yes, I will ask why did you buy at that point?

It is a down trend and both M5 and M15 stochastic are overbought at that point, so I will be selling to rejoin the downtrend instead of buying. Multi-time frame analysis will keep you out of trouble while using this system.

The safest place to buy is few candles after red dot. At that point H1 stochastic has gone into the oversold zone and M1, M5, M15 and M30 are either out or started coming out of the oversold zone also.

normannasty wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:06 am What I'm doing wrong? I entered at the red point. Its goes in the opposite side.
H4 Cycle TOP is IN CONTROL so only take SELLS until the H4 Cycle BOTTOM is in. Until then, SELL 2nd Dots and IGNORE any buy signals.

Why are you wasting your margin on a crappy pair like AUDCAD? It only moved 137 pips from H4 cycle top to M15 semafor bottom whereas GBPNZD moved 896 pips in the same time/cycle!
Attachments
These users thanked the author Senior Rob for the post (total 2):
fadhayemustafa, StuartWong
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob

CYCLES a brief introduction.
While higher time frames control subsequent lower (shorter) time frames, all moves start with lower (shorter) time frames. So.................

The highest time frame on XARD's last template is H4 so when his system signals a H4 top, trade the signal top on M5 (or M1). When it signals a H4 bottom, trade the signal bottom on M5 (or M1).

Also, cycles are not perfect sine waves - they get skewed and distorted by random market news and geopolitical events so don't bet the farm on them!

This illustration, courtesy of a thread on another Forum, illustrates cycles on different time frames interacting with each other
And, from my 10 years old thread on another Forum:
Attachments
These users thanked the author Senior Rob for the post (total 3):
kvak, fadhayemustafa, StuartWong
Cheers,

""There is nothing to fear but fear itself"" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rob