Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Kudzu Trader wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:48 am Excellent coders, thank you for the benefit we traders receive from your expertise in creating an ever-expanding library of useful indicators.

I am finding good success with the use of mladen's "OnChart_WPRsmooth nrp alerts + arrows.ex4 indicator" in a strategy I'm developing. I use 3 instances of it on my low-timeframe chart with various settings to find confluence, but the current version of this indicator does not have an "extern string / arrowsIdentifier" attribute, so loading saved MT4 templates containing 3 instances of it only causes 1 of them to load since current coding does not support unique identifiers for each. A .mq4 file of this was not released so all I have is the .ex4, and I know this is not useful for a coding request (nor am I asking for the .mq4 of it, I respect your work)... what I'm asking is: If mladen or any of the admins have access to the original .mq4 file, I'd request that they would so kindly update the indicator's code with an "arrowsIdentifier" extern string so that multiple instances on the chart can receive unique names, and then post the new version as an .ex4 file again. I (and other users of this genius indicator) would be immensely grateful. The only other way to improve the display of this indicator beyond an Identifier would be to also add extern strings to allow 1) the selection of arrow codes and 2) the input of UpperGap / LowerGap settings - this will become even more useful than it already is.

I appreciate your time and hope that this can be accomplished. I'm posting the .ex4 knowing that you can't recode from it, but again I'm hoping you have the original source code to enable its editing and re-release of a new .ex4 version with these upgrades. I appreciate your work, thank you...
Can't find the source , just guessing but possibly didn't need the arrowsID because it was an onChart indicator and can simply use it as an buffer instead of an object, but will keep looking.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Kudzu Trader

Kudzu Trader wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:48 am Excellent coders, thank you for the benefit we traders receive from your expertise in creating an ever-expanding library of useful indicators.

I am finding good success with the use of mladen's "OnChart_WPRsmooth nrp alerts + arrows.ex4 indicator" in a strategy I'm developing. I use 3 instances of it on my low-timeframe chart with various settings to find confluence, but the current version of this indicator does not have an "extern string / arrowsIdentifier" attribute, so loading saved MT4 templates containing 3 instances of it only causes 1 of them to load since current coding does not support unique identifiers for each. A .mq4 file of this was not released so all I have is the .ex4, and I know this is not useful for a coding request (nor am I asking for the .mq4 of it, I respect your work)... what I'm asking is: If mladen or any of the admins have access to the original .mq4 file, I'd request that they would so kindly update the indicator's code with an "arrowsIdentifier" extern string so that multiple instances on the chart can receive unique names, and then post the new version as an .ex4 file again. I (and other users of this genius indicator) would be immensely grateful. The only other way to improve the display of this indicator beyond an Identifier would be to also add extern strings to allow 1) the selection of arrow codes and 2) the input of UpperGap / LowerGap settings - this will become even more useful than it already is.

I appreciate your time and hope that this can be accomplished. I'm posting the .ex4 knowing that you can't recode from it, but again I'm hoping you have the original source code to enable its editing and re-release of a new .ex4 version with these upgrades. I appreciate your work, thank you...
Hi, I have this.
These users thanked the author pacois for the post (total 2):
mario_lima, Kudzu Trader

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:25 am
Made this version with all the averages and prices there is an option to color the candles using either slope or price crossing the ma.
Very impressive indicator!
Sadly it is impossible to adjust candle body width (and candle stick width).
For some reason - part of the code? - it always jumps back to standard 4 (instead of your entry set at 2).
(I also tried to readjust the size in colors - didn't work.
If you could fix that I'd be grateful.

mrtools wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:25 am

Made this version with all the averages and prices there is an option to color the candles using either slope or price crossing the ma.
dear mrtools....I understand that the attached version is the latest of the Averages indicator with a wonderful complete set of MAs.....is it possible to add an option to the "Price to Use" for using the "First Indicator" OR "Previous Indicator" similar to the options available in the default MA indicator under MT4 (as in the screenshots below)....this should open the floor to apply those great moving averages to other indicators on the chart as well.....thanks a lot for this great help

squalouco wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:34 pm Hi,

I would like to ask a coder some help.

If possible, could you please add some options to the attached indicator FiboPiv_v2.mq4:

1. Option to have the pivot labels moved all the way to the right.

2. Option to change the font size and colour of the lines and labels.

3. Option to add Mid Pivots to the existing Pivots. (if possible, the above two points are the main request)

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
Think this one is pretty close.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jedidiah