Re: Velocity, Momentum & ROC Indicators for MT4

nathanvbasko wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 am

...updates

v2v Momenticks v1.11

Just a reminder, this tool is about Linear "Momentum". This is not the usual trading tool wherein you buy or sell whenever it crosses the zero line level. More so, if you selected the Rate of Change (ROC) or the Adaptive ATR option. Hence, you may use this tool if you need additional technical insights for your own generated based line analysis (FA & TA).

Again, remember it is Linear "Momentum". It requires keen observation and attention to detail.

By the way... the adaptive ATR was based on mladen's. Please read the below information he shared with it.

"Average True Range (ATR) is a widely used indicator in many occasions. It is calculated as SMA (Simple Moving Average) of true range (which is calculated as the greatest of the following: current high less the current low, the absolute value of the current high less the previous close and the absolute value of the current low less the previous close). With an added "twist": It is using Perry Kaufman's Efficiency Ratio to calculate adaptive true range"

And with this Momenticks release, the usage is... the same.

I just updated the above Momenticks wherein it shows the previous and current ATR value

Get it >>>download/file.php?id=3353679
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

nathanvbasko wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 am
v2v Momenticks v1.15

update: added... "Variance" ─ Based on mladen's work posted at MetaQuotes
fixed: rectified indicator short name string length issue

The standard deviation is a measure of how much a dataset differs from its mean; it tells us how dispersed the data are. A dataset that’s pretty much clumped around a single point would have a small standard deviation, while a dataset that’s all over the map would have a large standard deviation.
Given a sample the standard deviation is defined as the square root of the variance
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
pipsquirrel
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

nathanvbasko wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:28 am
v2v Momenticks v1.15
The standard deviation is a measure ...

v2v Momenticksv1.17updates

─ added... "Volatility Ratio". Based on mladen's work posted at MetaQuotes
─ some code optimization

Theory:
There is always a need to measure if the market is "quiet" or it is volatile. One of the possible ways is to use standard deviations, but the issue is simple: we do not have some levels that could help us find out if the market is in a state of lower or higher volatility. This feature is attempting to do that :

─ values above level 0 are indicating a state of increasing volatility
─ values below level 0 are indicating a state of decreasing volatility

Usage :
This is not a directional feature. It should be used for volatility detection, not trend assessment - for that, you have to use some other indicator and then check this one if the market volatility conditions are those that you expect

These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
pipsquirrel

nathanvbasko wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:11 am

v2v Momenticksv1.17updates

─ added... "Volatility Ratio". Based on mladen's work posted at MetaQuotes
─ some code optimization

VolatilityRatio.png

Theory:
There is always a need to measure if the market is "quiet" or it is volatile. One of the possible ways is to use standard deviations, but the issue is simple: we do not have some levels that could help us find out if the market is in a state of lower or higher volatility. This feature is attempting to do that :

─ values above level 0 are indicating a state of increasing volatility
─ values below level 0 are indicating a state of decreasing volatility

Usage :
This is not a directional feature. It should be used for volatility detection, not trend assessment - for that, you have to use some other indicator and then check this one if the market volatility conditions are those that you expect
Momenticks.ex4
The last release of the stand-alone version here... soon it will be published as part v2v dynamic trading system:
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post (total 3):
Daim2574, Cazz223, pipsquirrel

Linear momentum is an indicator with some unique characteristics. I mean that is what I have heard although it is pretty similar to Force index which already is a pretty good indicator that comes by default with Metatrader 4 but still there is some difference. Mrtools & V2V have made variations of it (do check them out). All I am doing here is adding a step filter to it. How much value that adds to the indicator, Well that is a matter of testing. Anyway here is the indicator.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 9):
QSD, charli, Jimmy, alexm, pipsquirrel, 太虚一毫, Chickenspicy, ParallelNative, arbalest